- Newly registered Member
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:25 pm
- Has thanked: 0
- Been thanked: 0
Ive struggled with the paper tearing when trimming so though it best to let it dry overnight.
- recess.jpg (45.78 KiB) Viewed 104 times
- Tom d'Angler
- Senior Member
- Posts: 3681
- Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 6:18 am
- Has thanked: 842 times
- Been thanked: 447 times
Paper tearing when trimming is down to the blade catching so:
1) Always use a very sharp blade. I use a quick-release Stanley knife and change the blade after every two drops.
2) Keep the blade at as shallow an angle to the paper as you can to stop the tip digging in.
3) Use a plasterer's taping knife to give you a straight edge to trim against. I use a 10 inch taping knife as any longer feels cumbersome.
Hope that helps!