Moderator: Moderators

Crazy L
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by Crazy L »

Is there such a thing?

The previous owner of my house built a leaky conservatory on the back of the side building........cutting a long story short, the exterior walls have a pebbledash rendering, and this muppet painted it with a shatty magnolia exterior paint and I would appreciate any info on what would strip it off. I have tried no nonsense paint stripper, and modern nitromors, and they are a load of toss. Sand blasting is a very last resort.

Thanks in advance chaps
funkytwig
Newly registered Member

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by funkytwig »

Guess the question is why do you weant to strip, rather than just paing over?

If you are stripping becasue you are woried about next coat sticking maybe a acrilic primer? This stuff is cheap and sticks to anything.
Crazy L
Newly registered Member

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by Crazy L »

funkytwig wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:36 pm Guess the question is why do you weant to strip, rather than just paing over?
Hi

I'm after it coming off as the rest of the house isn't painted, and isn't going to be. when I pull down the crappy conservatory, I'll have a section of exterior wall that is magnolia. Not nice in this instance.
Crazy L
Newly registered Member

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by Crazy L »

I'm guessing by the absolute barrage of replies :-P , that my only real course of action is to have the bastid shot blasted.
Rorschach

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by Rorschach »

Yes that is likely the only option, and even then the result probably won't be that great. Soda blasting is probably what you will need to use, anything too aggressive will cause too much damage, pebble dashing isn't the most resilient finish to begin with.
bitzz

Exterior paint stripper?

Post by bitzz »

Crazy L wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm I'm guessing by the absolute barrage of replies :-P , that my only real course of action is to have the bastid shot blasted.
Have you thought that some of us might be lucky and mange to be working.

Return to “Painting & Decorating Forum”