Car parks and useless drivers...

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

wine~o

Post by wine~o »

So, some regular members on here might remember I had 2 people collide with my car whilst parked up in a supermarket car park a couple of years ago, all resolved thanks to one honest driver and the other caught on dashcam.

10 days ago someone else (no not him) managed to scrape the side of my passenger side front door, luckily I spotted the damage and found the culprit thanks to front and rear dashcams left running whilst parked up at Morrisons (still to be resolved) my cig lighter/accessory socket is permanently live.

Car went in for annual service/MOT as well as new cambelt and some other stuff Thursday last week, picked up Saturday morning, Washed and waxed Saturday afternoon.

Only trip out on Sunday was to Waitrose...

Got home from Waitrose about 2PM Sunday, forgot to unplug dashcams... so cards full after about 9 hours and over writes old files.

Today noticed new damage to passenger side front wing and bumper, ::b ::b ::b

Sure it must have happened in Waitrose car park on Sunday, but cameras only go back to 4am monday morning.

Annoyed much ? :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

Why can't people in this country f3cking park/pull out of a parking space without damaging another car in the process ?? ::b :wtf:
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

A lot of 'em shouldn't be driving at all. It's too easy to get a licence, and then carry on getting worse with no check or hindrance.
Plenty of people think they're good drivers. In my experience very few actually are.
Like most things.
These users thanked the author Dave54 for the post:
wine~o (Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Cannyfixit

Post by Cannyfixit »

The standard of driving has deteriorated so much nowadays I always try and park away from the shop doors and walk over,fortunately I haven’t had any damage,
These users thanked the author Cannyfixit for the post:
wine~o (Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/#/ple ... 4529684719
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I definitely don't think it's too easy to get a license, but it certainly was easy in the past. When I took my test it was hard and the test is even harder now.

The problem is how do you maintain standards? I think we would all agree that none of us drive in the way we were taught or the way to pass a test, but that doesn't mean that we are not driving safely and effectively.
My grandfather was a superb driver, never took a test, he didn't have to in his day, he learned age 13 on a model T van. My neighbour, no longer with us, was the same, great driver until 101 years old.
I know great drivers who took no test or an easy test 50 years ago and I know terrible drivers who passed a very difficult test just a few years ago.
The problem is bad drivers are bad drivers, the solution however? Buggered if I know :lol:
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post (total 2):
Gadget (Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:45 am) • wine~o (Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm)
Rating: 14.29%
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

I consider myself a good driver and mostly drive as I was taught to, more decisive now than then mind and I don't do the "hand to hand" thing with the steering wheel any more, though I try to keep 2 hands on the wheel wherever possible and my hands are normally at 10 to 2 position, mirrors always checked as in mirror signal manoeuvre, keep a 2 second gap to the vehicle in front (where possible) as well as sticking to most speed limits, especially in built up areas.
Verwood Handyman

dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

I always park furthest away in car parks as I think the careful parkers also do that. The worst place is near the entrance where the lazy bastards try to park.

DWD
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

dewaltdisney wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:33 pm I always park furthest away in car parks as I think the careful parkers also do that. The worst place is near the entrance where the lazy bastards try to park.

DWD
So do I. There's nearly always places with no cars parked, as you say away from the entrance. Every time I park like that though, I come back to find at least one parked in the next space.
It's slightly weird.
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

It is the sheep herding factor, I remember parking in an empty car park once and there was a t*at right next to me when I got back, we were the only two cars in the car park :cussing: . I may have said before that I never park next to two door cars as the door swing is much wider.

DWD
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Doesn't seem to matter where I park, my car seems to be a magnet for people that either can't park or pull out of a parking spot without scratching my car or worse...
Verwood Handyman

Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

dewaltdisney wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 pm It is the sheep herding factor, I remember parking in an empty car park once and there was a t*at right next to me when I got back, we were the only two cars in the car park :cussing: . I may have said before that I never park next to two door cars as the door swing is much wider.

DWD
The best so far is 2 cars. There was a third IIRC, but it'd left a space between it and the car next to me.
I try to avoid parking next to the ones that look like they've been used for banger racing. They usually have, but not on the track.
Again though it's like my motor's a magnet for every beaten up pile that's there.
And it's not because it's like that itself either.
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

Dave54 wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:30 pm
dewaltdisney wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:16 pm It is the sheep herding factor, I remember parking in an empty car park once and there was a t*at right next to me when I got back, we were the only two cars in the car park :cussing: . I may have said before that I never park next to two door cars as the door swing is much wider.

DWD
The best so far is 2 cars. There was a third IIRC, but it'd left a space between it and the car next to me.
I try to avoid parking next to the ones that look like they've been used for banger racing. They usually have, but not on the track.
Again though it's like my motor's a magnet for every beaten up pile that's there.
And it's not because it's like that itself either.
I got my current car a few years back during the winter. I had to pop into a small retail park and because it was winter and being nervous parking the new(ish) car I decided to park in the centre of the carpark away from all the shops. Basically leaving 4 empty rows in front and behind the car and at least 10 spaces either side. When I got back a pensioner had parked up against the driver side. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

To this day, I hate having to park in a public car park. I do my best to find a space along side a path or verge so I only need to stress about the one 'exposed' side of the car.

ah
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

wine~o wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:18 pm Doesn't seem to matter where I park, my car seems to be a magnet for people that either can't park or pull out of a parking spot without scratching my car or worse...
Ah the old Peugeot effect, its a old heap they wont mind mentality

Return to “The Grumpy corner”