Plastic campaign

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

Rorschach

Re: Plastic campaign

Post by Rorschach »

The sandblasting media I use is crushed recycled glass. Works very nicely and being inert you don't have the health hazards associated with other media.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

That's a great use for it - nice one!
Don't take it personally......
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

I like you KE , you make me smile. No point getting into an argument that won't change any bodies opinion but I haven't missed the irony of your rants against the media only to use a media entrepreneur to try to back up your claims.
OchAye

Post by OchAye »

Two strands to this and thank you for the answer.

a. Glass in central collection points used to be separated by colour.
b. Home collections were always "any glass"[1]

Now we don't have glass collection central points for collection do not want glass separated by colour or much else but still they do not want some kinds of glass as e.g. drinking glasses, pyrex, windows glass etc. I have this feeling that it is not turned into glass but at best it is recycled into something else ... beads as you say, road material is another thing I have come across. If it is reused or recycled I will do my bit for the young ones ... ::b So far I have taken all my glass to recycling points but it does become a pain in the posterior, and I have no intention of reducing my glass consumption, red wine is medicinal after all (and Cognac is grape based too ... whilst I am having a few fingers of it).
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Grendel wrote:I like you KE , you make me smile. No point getting into an argument that won't change any bodies opinion but I haven't missed the irony of your rants against the media only to use a media entrepreneur to try to back up your claims.
?? Not sure what you mean? The link takes you to details of a discussion that exposes the cheating and subterfuge around global warming. It doesn't matter who you get the information from only that the information is credible.
Don't take it personally......
zaffy

Post by zaffy »

[/quote]
Apparently worms don't like the glass that much so you reduce the amount of worm casts by applying this stuff.n[/quote]

Earth Worms are good guys. We need to make sure they are happy.
zaffy

Post by zaffy »

I don't feel too badly about buying the sticky green stuff in plastic boxes now I know there is a reason. Thanks.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

:dunno: I hate unnecessary plastic. I bought a swede from Morrisons today, wrapped in plastic. As soon as I removed the plastic I could tell it didn't smell right (core was rotten) If it hadn't been wrapped in plastic I'd have known from the smell before I bought it.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “The Grumpy corner”