Stop wasting my time.

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

ayjay

Stop wasting my time.

Post by ayjay »

I thought it would be easy: one occasional medication that my wife uses was running out, it's not a life or death thing, just some Artificial Saliva, (yeah, who knew eh?).

So, 25/9, I logged on to my wife's internet account at our surgery and ordered it there, the system will send a prescription to the pharmacy next door and I can collect it on 29/9.

Called in to the pharmacy on the 29th, they've got no prescription. The surgery was closed until today so I went in this morning and explained, no problem she said, the scrip was definitely sent on the 25th but here's a paper one you can take in now instead.

Took that in and went home, called in later this afternoon to collect it - there's a problem I'm told, the scrip is made out to some pharmacy I've never heard of 100 miles away, (presumably that's where the first one went on the 25th).

Back to the surgery and tell them they've cocked up. A new prescription will be written. Can I pick it up in the surgery tomorrow and then take it in to the pharmacy? I'll then either have to sit and twiddle my thumbs for another ten minutes while they sort it out or go back again later.

That is going to end up as a minimum of seven visits to the surgery and pharmacy (or eight if I don't wait for the scrip tomorrow) and all the attendant queuing every time by the time I've finished!!!!

I've really got better ways of spending my time, it's not as if I have nothing to do all day.

Maybe I'll just gob in her mouth instead next time. :shock: :lol:

(It took four visits to get all of her normal monthly prescription last time - one drug was unavailable as the manufacturer had run out - when I suggested they get some from another branch that went down like a lead balloon - "but they'll be having the same problem" - Yes, I understand, but they might have some in stock!!)

I think I'm going to investigate their delivery service to see how much they can cock that up, at least it'll be their time being wasted.
One day it will all be firewood.
boxedin

Re: Stop wasting my time.

Post by boxedin »

Sorry to hear Ayjay, its bad enough as it is without going through all that hassle. Unfortunately, its par for the course I am afraid

The woman on the next allotment plot to me has Chrone's and has the same issues with her regular repeat monthly prescriptions at Sainsburys Pharmacy from her GP. Its either one or the other but it frequently ends up with medication not being there when it is supposed to be and her having to make repeat visits to collect.
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

My Chemist is opposite the doctors surgery, they still blame each other for cock ups and need two days for repeat prescriptions! At least I don't have to go far to sort it out though! ::b
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

toolbox wrote:My Chemist is opposite the doctors surgery, they still blame each other for cock ups and need two days for repeat prescriptions! At least I don't have to go far to sort it out though! ::b
I don't have to go far either, and likewise the two are next door to each other, but it can easily be 10 or 15 minutes just queuing each time (and easily another five minutes in the pharmacy as they go and find the stuff) - that's well over an hour of my precious spare time just gone.

I really don't understand the system in the pharmacy - I give them the name and ask for the prescription, they go off and check some paperwork, then a computer, then more paper shuffling, then they disappear and rifle through where the completed prescriptions are kept, then check the computer again and then if I'm lucky they'll actually go back and get the prescription. Then when I check it, it's often not all there as a couple of items are on the restricted list and stored separately, and we start the whole process again.
One day it will all be firewood.
camallison

Post by camallison »

We have similar problems. In addition, somebody 'in the loop' keeps deleting items from our repeat prescriptions list or changing the chemist to whom it is sent. I insisted that the practice manager gave me online access to the 'audit' page for our accounts. That way, I can see each transaction and/or change and see who cocked it up, as the perpetrator is identified for each step. If I can see it, then so can the practice manager, and so no denying it. I now see that our accounts are labelled 'extra care'!!!! Why doesn't every patient deserve extra care?

As normal, humans cock the system up.

Return to “The Grumpy corner”