A proper rant - not your wimpy wine~o rant.....

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

kellys_eye

A proper rant - not your wimpy wine~o rant.....

Post by kellys_eye »

Are the people of this country f****g stupid or what?

Watching QuestionTime I'm aghast at the response from the audience over the so-called Russian-supported gassing in Syria.

We seem to have a public that is happy to poke the Russian bear (a Nuclear armed global power, no less) on the basis of an already-discredited social media video purporting to show Assad gassing his public...... :angryfire: ::b

No one thought to mention a guy called Robert Fisk (a noted and respected war correspondent reporter) who went to the actual site of the alleged gas attack and actually spoke to the doctor that was in the video. He reports that the doctor was treating people suffering the effects of DUST and SMOKE after their shelters (underground) came under artillery attack.

The DOCTOR said it was only smoke/dust but 'someone' popped their head into the room and shouted 'GAS' - the ensuing panic and water hosing of kids conveniently videoed as a result.

FFS - the whole thing was a con yet the audience at QT seem willing to take up arms to beat Russians about the head over this ::b Stupid fcukers....

And don't get me started on the Skripal poisoning affair....... jebus, the way the Russians are being dragged into nearly every situation (they're planning to attack our internet and PC's next - that's after they've rigged every election in the world and kissed the @rse of Trump - if you believe all that sh1te) anyone would be correct in thinking our 'leaders' WANT World War 3 to start.

Well if it does I can only hope and pray that the first missiles land on the tw@ts in Parliament - and then the QT audience.

Cupid Stunts.

carry on....... :lol:
Don't take it personally......
Chemfree

Re: A proper rant - not your wimpy wine~o rant.....

Post by Chemfree »

Could not agree more.
My mother`s father spent time in the Middle East including Egypt,my father worked in Persia(Iran),I`ve spent time observing in Israel and Egypt.
There is plenty of stuff that in this climate of control over free speech,I could not repeat,but lets just say that certain cultures are great story-tellers and also know how to spin a situation to their advantage,however fabricated it may be,and whatever the consequences.
Being bombed,for whatever reason ,is dire for any human,and turning it into a photo opportunity should be expected by the West,not accepted hook,line and sinker.
Those countries know that we in the West are controlled by silly little laws and they use this to their advantage,because we are not allowed to say boo to a goose.
It`s not going to end well,is it?
Question Time is a complete joke!
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

f*ck me KE! I agree with everything you said there :shock: :shock: :shock:
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

QT has been a complete joke for some time. It's so biased towards the government yet most hang on it's every word.

They've had Nigel Farage on 32 times yet UKIP holds only 2% of the vote and have no MP's. Whether you're pro Farage or not (I think he's a muppet) you'd have to agree the panel is not proportionate to the electorate.

It's fairly common knowledge they regularly have Tory plants in the audience even though they strenuously deny it and a strong anti SNP agenda. They claim they are impartial which of course is a joke.

I haven't watched it for years. In fact it's one of the many reasons I refuse to pay for a TV licence. I won't fund the BBC propaganda machine and many are following suit.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Funny, isn't it....? I could make a fake video showing a politician kiddy fiddling and they'd move hell and earth to discover the perpetrator and dispute the evidence. But the prospect of global warfare???? Nah..... that doesn't deserve any investigation at all.

Muppets.
Manc chippy

Post by Manc chippy »

Let me tell you 3 things and hope I survive. I've voted Labour every time except this time. I also voted for Brexit.

It always seems to be the left ranting on forums. I'm on quite a few.

If the BBC puts out an article at 7am then the comments by right wingers are upvoted the most and articles put out at 11am then left wing comments are upvoted the most. This is not always the case but a common trend. I think it's because people just sort the comments by highest rated. Please advise me. Does this mean that right wingers are early risers?
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

...it means the BBC comments-manipulation team don't get into the office until 10-30am.
These users thanked the author kellys_eye for the post:
Argyll
Rating: 7.14%
Chemfree

Post by Chemfree »

Manc chippy wrote:Let me tell you 3 things and hope I survive. I've voted Labour every time except this time. I also voted for Brexit.

It always seems to be the left ranting on forums. I'm on quite a few.

If the BBC puts out an article at 7am then the comments by right wingers are upvoted the most and articles put out at 11am then left wing comments are upvoted the most. This is not always the case but a common trend. I think it's because people just sort the comments by highest rated. Please advise me. Does this mean that right wingers are early risers?
I still regret voting for Blair,but it was a protest vote to get rid of the Tories.This is the same mistake the youngsters and anyone that has suffered thanks to the unnecessary austerity measures these Tories introduced,will make when they put in their protest vote at the next election.

As they say,history repeats itself.

Unlike Argyll I rate Farage for standing up to the EU.Have you watched his speeches(ewetoob), in that hideous parliament,he absolutely trashes dubious Merkel et al.There`s a skin cancer with the same name as her!

When you see the options we have.....Tories shored up by the DUP and Corbyn,the country only has itself to blame,they put them there.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Problem with Farage is he is a very good orator but it's all bluster if you investigate what he states as fact,

For example he stated 29m Romanians would invade the UK when allowed into the EU when there's not even 29m Romanians in existence (19m). However the BBC love him as he fits their political beliefs.

You'll also recall his political stunt a few weeks ago where he threw thousands of fish in the Thames as a protest against the Governments capitualtion in Brexit's fishery rights. What many don't know is Farage was a member of the European Parliament Fisheries Committee, where he attended one out of 42 meetings! That's how much he cared.

The problem is most who lean towards the right believe everything reported in the BBC but some are too lazy or naive to fact check.

Anyway I won't get involved in a long wonded argument. I've said my piece.

“Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”

― Albert Einstein
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

For example he stated 29m Romanians would invade the UK when allowed into the EU
citation please. I seem to remember that he warned that the rule changes (freedom of movement) would give x-number of millions of Romanians the opportunity to come here - I don't recall him saying they all WOULD!

As for the Fisheries stuff - he always said that his was a lone voice fighting for the UK on the Committee and that nothing he said, did or proposed would ever get support - this has always been the problem with the EU.... individual state requirements are cast aside for the 'benefit of the majority'. You can hardly blame him for being disillusioned.

But Farage, for all his claimed faults, DID get the Referendum we always wanted, DID always highlight the ridiculous and dictatorial attitude of the EU and DID always bring them to account via his classic speeches in the EU Parliament. He took no sh1t from anyone and flung enough around to deserve all the accolades he got.

Lastly, he (UKIP and the country) were ROBBED at the G.E - another thing he exposed... the almost criminal bias of the voting system here in the UK. The establishment did a huge stitch up on him and UKIP for they always knew that, should Farage have got a position in Commons he would have had the perfect platform to call the Government AND Opposition out on their many corrupt practises.... and that was something they would never allow.
mike10
Newly registered Member

Post by mike10 »

Argyll wrote:Problem with Farage . . . . . However the BBC love him as he fits their political beliefs.
You are obviously watching a different BBC than I am if that is what you think.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

You are obviously watching a different BBC than I am if that is what you think.

4th post down
They've had Nigel Farage on 32 times yet UKIP holds only 2% of the vote and have no MP's. Whether you're pro Farage or not (I think he's a muppet) you'd have to agree the panel is not proportionate to the electorate.
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Farage on QT was as a result of Brexit and his influence over the outcome rather than his position within UKIP - which actually did manage to get more votes than the SNP....... therefore his presence is more to do (correctly) with the public feelings on the matter.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

kellys_eye wrote:
For example he stated 29m Romanians would invade the UK when allowed into the EU
citation please. I seem to remember that he warned that the rule changes (freedom of movement) would give x-number of millions of Romanians the opportunity to come here - I don't recall him saying they all WOULD!

As for the Fisheries stuff - he always said that his was a lone voice fighting for the UK on the Committee and that nothing he said, did or proposed would ever get support - this has always been the problem with the EU.... individual state requirements are cast aside for the 'benefit of the majority'. You can hardly blame him for being disillusioned.

But Farage, for all his claimed faults, DID get the Referendum we always wanted, DID always highlight the ridiculous and dictatorial attitude of the EU and DID always bring them to account via his classic speeches in the EU Parliament. He took no sh1t from anyone and flung enough around to deserve all the accolades he got.

Lastly, he (UKIP and the country) were ROBBED at the G.E - another thing he exposed... the almost criminal bias of the voting system here in the UK. The establishment did a huge stitch up on him and UKIP for they always knew that, should Farage have got a position in Commons he would have had the perfect platform to call the Government AND Opposition out on their many corrupt practises.... and that was something they would never allow.
as far as i remember farage did quote the whole population as a possible number as his typical overeaction to a situation but people actually dont even do simple basic research to appreciate the actual will be a small fraction perhaps 1-5% percent rather than close to the whole country
we are all ------------------still learning
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Farage's comment was in response to official Government claims that 'only a few thousand' Romanians/Bulgarians would come to the UK after the immigration/movement rules were relaxed.
The number of Romanians and Bulgarians living in Britain has risen by nearly 80% from 230,000 in 2014 to 413,000 last year, according to the Office for National Statistics.
note- that figure was for 2015..... which, I think, proved Farage's point very succinctly.

Return to “The Grumpy corner”