Electricity

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

kellys_eye

Electricity

Post by kellys_eye »

WTF is going on with electricity?

We've got .gov forcing all-electric vehicles on us by 2030 (or was it 2040) and this morning I read of a planned elimination of gas cooking/heating in favour of 'alternatives' (obviously electricity) ????

On top of the strident f**kwit environmental claims of globull warming we have even more morons prepared to campaign to prevent fracking, the closure of coal-fired power stations and a (practical) moratorium on building nuclear power stations - those that are proposed costing the proverbial arm, leg and torso - is there ANYONE with joined up thinking on the panels, boards or committees that make these decisions.

Regardless of the infrastructure requirements for electric vehicles (charging points everywhere, impossibility for multi-occupancy buildings to access charging etc) the loss of revenue from petrol/diesel sales will have to be recovered - surprise, surprise, enter the 'Smart Meters'.

If they tax electricity for cars they'll also be taxing it for domestic use too. Strap on all cooking and heating to the already impossible-to-manage electric vehicle requirements and the pathetic-ness of the situation becomes even more apparent.

Yet we don't see any open discussion of these issues.

We need to see more opposition to these idiotic ideas - pointing out the flaws is easy enough - and the Globull Warming claims are all but openly discredited already so WTF is going on?

Are these 'ideas' just distractions - making the likes of 'me' grump about them instead of the state of the economy or the prospect of global war? Distraction from immigration? Brexit? Or is it, God forbid, so-called joined-up thinking for a specific and legitimate reason?

The country/world is in a bad enough state as it is without environmental tosspots spouting unicorn powered solutions to 'everything' yet these ideas are actually newsworthy enough to print - and the actual roll-out of Smart Meters seems to be some form of evidence that .gov really IS intending to move in these directions.

The only way I can see such ideas having merit/purpose is if the population of the UK fell from the current 75m+ to under 1m.

Is this their plan?

:cussing:
These users thanked the author kellys_eye for the post:
multiman
Rating: 7.14%
Don't take it personally......
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Electricity

Post by big-all »

well done kw you have closed down any reasonable discussion :lol: :lol:
not sure why you think your point off view is the only valid one by trying to demean any one who does'nt agree with you :scratch:
These users thanked the author big-all for the post:
james232
we are all ------------------still learning
multiman
BANNED

Post by multiman »

38degress, change.org and sumofus will let you start a petition online kelly [emoji3]

Sent from my LG-K100 using Tapatalk
Bob225

Post by Bob225 »

2040 is only a cut off date for NEW I.C.E. car production, petrol will be around along after that, by that time most will be worm food or we will of been bombed into a nuclear winter
These users thanked the author Bob225 for the post:
multiman
camallison

Post by camallison »

Speaking of Unicorns, mine is saddled up in the stable (was the garage), and the car is rotting away on the driveway!

:huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray:

Colin
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

camallison wrote:Speaking of Unicorns, mine is saddled up in the stable (was the garage), and the car is rotting away on the driveway!

:huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray: :huray:

Colin
I'd have a unicorn, but they need a continuous supply of rainbow dust, and I don't fancy the 'leccy bill for running an artificial rainbow all the time.
joinerjohn

Post by joinerjohn »

Yep, these "Greens" won't be happy until we're lighting candles of a night to provide both light and warmth.. You just watch the price of wax candles skyrocket. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

flash22 wrote:2040 is only a cut off date for NEW I.C.E. car production, petrol will be around along after that, by that time most will be worm food or we will of been bombed into a nuclear winter
But some places are already banning fossil fueled cars from some places...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... sions-zone

I think Kellys is right there is a hidden agenda.
These users thanked the author wine~o for the post:
multiman
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “The Grumpy corner”