Laugh or cry

Grumpy people only in here please

Moderator: Moderators

Someone-Else

Laugh or cry

Post by Someone-Else »

Just as the pandemic started I ordered some toilet roll from ebay.
Guess which one came from ebay (I ordered 10 rolls)
20200330_223840.jpg
20200330_223840.jpg (150.39 KiB) Viewed 3064 times
But to be fair, it is 4 ply.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
wine~o

Laugh or cry

Post by wine~o »

From the look of that the 10 rolls would have fitted through my letterbox...
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Gadget
Jack Of All Trades

Laugh or cry

Post by Gadget »

Is that a serious question?
By eck! ©
yartin

Laugh or cry

Post by yartin »

This must rolls ordered on ebay or Amazon?

I ordered 10 rolls 2 weeks ago from ebay, Chinese supplier based in Belfast, was supposed to arrive last Thursday, It didn't so I asked the supplier for refund and was paid 3 days ago. However, the rolls arrived yesterday via Royal Mail and the postman left it by the porch which is still left there unopened in case supplier wants to collect them. From the packaging, the size looks similar as in your photo, from the pic they're roughly 5 times more expensive than the ones from supermarkets.
Someone-Else

Laugh or cry

Post by Someone-Else »

I have to admit, I got "The last laugh"
My other half took the mick when I showed her the "new rolls" but she said not top worry as she too had ordered some on line (Unknown to me at the time)...........yep, you guessed it, when they arrived they were the same as the ones I received :lol:

But in anyone's defence (who gets them intentionally or not) unlike your bog standard toilet roll, these really are 4 ply (Usual toilet roll is only 2 ply) and yes they are not as wide, you don't really need a really wide sheet of paper, and you don't have to use 2 "old sheets" to make it thicker (or is that just me :oops: ) so in theory (not tried it yet) They should last just as long, and the other thing is they are actually "softer" As I said, mine came from a seller on ebay, they were advertised as commercial toilet rolls, as for price about 1.5 times as much as average, but then what is average? (Tesco soft is 47.5/roll Andrex quilted is 68.7/roll)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “The Grumpy corner”