Anyone been (proper) shopping this week?

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Went into the city centre today, see how things were getting on. I admit that all the shops seemed very good in the procedures they are being forced into but I wonder how long this is economically viable. There were more staff than customers! I can't begin to imagine how much this is costing for basically no income.
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

Went to the supermarket with family for the first time since March. Went on Sunday 10am to one which is out of the way and fairly quiet compared to the other supermarkets in the area.

About a month ago I did go into the town center To Boots, there seemed to be a 1:1 ratio of staff to customers. Annoyingly after I got in a couple came in who looked they we're trying to shop lift, they spent the 30 mins I was in going between aisle with a staff member having to keep a watch on them while genuine customers waited outside.

ah
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I do most of my shopping on the internet. I go food shopping every two weeks but almost got in a couple of fights because selfish people don't respect the 2m rule or think if they quickly walk past you it doesn't apply.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Argyll wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm I do most of my shopping on the internet. I go food shopping every two weeks but almost got in a couple of fights because selfish people don't respect the 2m rule or think if they quickly walk past you it doesn't apply.
Seen it a time or two, although my missus has been doing most of the shopping.
Better to let it go though, you really don't want some idiot screaming in your face because you dared to say something at the moment!

Been to Screwfix this morning. That's well set up I reckon.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Dave54 wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:13 pm
Argyll wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:07 pm I do most of my shopping on the internet. I go food shopping every two weeks but almost got in a couple of fights because selfish people don't respect the 2m rule or think if they quickly walk past you it doesn't apply.
Seen it a time or two, although my missus has been doing most of the shopping.
Better to let it go though, you really don't want some idiot screaming in your face because you dared to say something at the moment!

Been to Screwfix this morning. That's well set up I reckon.
It's difficult not to say anything though. All I keep thinking is if everyone had abided by the rules we'd be out of this sh*t by now but some don't think it applies to them.

I was in Aldi about a month ago. I wanted to get past someone but there was a pallet of stuff directly across from them so I patiently waited for them to choose what they wanted and move on. However, the young girl in her mid 20's thought she was exempt and brushed past me and then brushed past the guy I was waiting on. I asked her if she thought she was special to which she replied "don't start me". I tried to be polite but after a few minutes of her arrogant attitude I called her a "Fuc$ing idiot". She phoned someone and asked them to come into the store because I called her a "Fuc$ing idiot". I thought I'd be rolling down the aisle with someone in a couple of minutes :lol: but she vanished.

When I left the store I noticed she was following me with her boyfriend driving. I can only guess they wanted to follow me home and do my car in later. So I gave them a tour of Falkirk for the next 30 minutes :lol: They eventually caught on and overtook me giving me the middle finger :roll:

I know what you're saying about not saying anything but I believe you should challenge people on this.

I had a similar thing with a junkie in Home Bargains. Fuc$ing idiot came right up to me asking where I got my respirator. I mean within a foot of me. I told him if he didn't step back I'd melt him.

I'm not normally this aggressive but this virus has brought the worst out on me especially when people are so stupid and selfish.
These users thanked the author Argyll for the post:
Dave54 (Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:32 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Don't worry it will only be 1m here in a few days, easier to punch someone from that distance I reckon :lol: Though up north you will have wait the required time for old Sturgeon to let everyone think it was her idea, so maybe a fortnight :mrgreen: (that'll get me in trouble! lol)

Vast majority of people are being polite, but I don't really worry me if they squeeze past etc. I might be annoyed if someone stood right next to me for an extended period but that has not happened so far.

I'll be interested to see how it goes at the pubs when they open soon. I am not a massive visitor of pubs but I am looking forward to going back as long as it isn't too onerous with the rules etc.
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

It may affect people more if they had someone they knew die of it. Two of my old workmates died of it. My mate had it but he pulled through although his lungs are shot.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

The trouble is there are some people who seem to think they're immune or something.

The idiots are always with us though, and make themselves known in some way. . .

Like Rorschach says, I don't mind if they're moving and get a bit close, I don't want them to stand talking though.
These users thanked the author Dave54 for the post:
Rorschach (Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:32 pm)
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

I have to leave the shopping to the Mrs. at the Mo. I just sit in the car watching the queues. Some seem to "get" the 2 metre thing, the ones that don't tend to be some teenagers and some of the older generation.

Mrs. was queuing at Sainsburys a few weeks back, a woman pulled up and parked diagonally in a parent and child bay (no child) pushed in front of the Mrs. in the queue (words were exchanged...)

Said woman comes out a bit later and abandons her shopping trolley (trolley park was all of 10 metres away) before driving off.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Chippo1

Post by Chippo1 »

I am the shopper now in our household, I visit Aldi in Ely, the Asda in Soham and the CoOP just for food and essentials.

I have developed a withering stare and often have words especially in Asda , our store is very small not much bigger than a Tesco Express , they instigated a one way system with big green arrows , which seems to be beyond the comprehension of the average person , bit worrying that most of them drive ! You point out the arrows , the no entry signs and the system ad frankly they look at you as if you have just landed from the planet Zog.

I was told when I challenged one woman that I was mad, the virus was defeated the problem gone and she didn’t see any reason for any restrictions and she would do what she wanted regardless.

I have spoken to staff in Aldi and Asda and they all said it’s a nightmare and short of physically throwing some people out there’s little they can do . Both places had One basket/trolley one person , they found that impossible to , couples would just ignore or the husband would pick up a basket . Are people incapable of shopping alone and making a decision as to which cereal to buy.

I asked one bloke who couldn’t wait ten seconds for me to get my tomatoes if he would want to get in my grave as quickly , his only retort was , WHAT!
These users thanked the author Chippo1 for the post:
Argyll (Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:56 pm)
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

Start coughing and say you better back off, I think I have Covid. The store will probably empty quite quickly and you get your shopping for nothing. That is what I hear travellers have been doing.

DWD
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I've found a solution!

Eat plenty of beans and veg.

I was in Asda Grangemoth yesterday.I was waiting in the customer services queue when I noticed a woman standing a foot behind me. I turned around and gave her the stare but she didn't bother so I let one go. She cleared back a second later :lol:
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Love it!

Return to “The Lounge”