What are we all doing ?

This forum is for topics or posts that do not fit into any other forum, this includes online games such as word Association etc.

Moderator: Moderators

Chippo1

What are we all doing ?

Post by Chippo1 »

Guys what are we all working on at home and in the garden to pass the time ?

Myself, rebuilding a garden wall in a haphazard fashion, it’s to look wonky , with all different bricks and flint. I have christened it as my Churchillian wall.
dewaltdisney

What are we all doing ?

Post by dewaltdisney »

We made a start to replace some fence panels along our garden boundary. I have been putting it off as we have large Laurel hedges and the branches impede lifting the new panels in. I bought five panels some weeks ago and I have just been getting the enthusiasm to do it. I knew there would be a mountain of cuttings but I had bought a petrol chipper last year in anticipation of the work I had to do. As I only had my wife to help we decided to do it one panel at a time and kicked off yesterday. My chainsaw started okay, a miracle, and the overhanging branches, some 2" plus thick at the lower end were cut and pulled into a giant heap that formed. We lifted the new panel in using the ladder technique I mentioned in a previous thread and then started reducing the pile into chippings.

My chipper worked brilliantly. We decided to keep it to the 1" branches as these went through easily so we lopped off these branches from the main stem. The thicker stuff we put to one side and I will cut them into logs in due course for my neighbour with a wood burner. The chippings amounted to about three big bags which we dumped on our old muck heap to mulch down. So one panel, three hours work. We will have a rest today as I ache. We are going to the pensioners shopping window at Tesco's this morning we shall see how that goes.

DWD
Chippo1

What are we all doing ?

Post by Chippo1 »

DWD, that’s what meant fantastic, good exercise to. How about a photo ? I might even share my terrible brickwork
ayjay

What are we all doing ?

Post by ayjay »

Nothing's changed here, still only 24 hours in a day. There's no breaks in being a home carer, never a day off, and on call 24 hours per day.
One day it will all be firewood.
London mike 61

What are we all doing ?

Post by London mike 61 »

I cut my front hedge yesterday and because it was planted 4 years ago, it was its first ‘ proper ‘ cut to shape and define the ideal height. In the afternoon I washed all the muck off the facias and sofit at the front of the house as it hadn’t been spruced up since we moved in 5 years ago.
The trouble is I get bored easily and scratch around trying to find stuff to do just to stop sitting on my arse all day .

Mike
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
Someone-Else

What are we all doing ?

Post by Someone-Else »

Tided the garden yesterday, thought I would clean the fountain too, (Done that) Today thought I will video it filling up in "speeded up mode" But I have a lighting problem
20200325_103540.jpg
20200325_103540.jpg (181.91 KiB) Viewed 3224 times
Couldn't be worse if I wanted it to be, exactly half way :roll:

Its now a case of sit and wait for the sun to move.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Rorschach

What are we all doing ?

Post by Rorschach »

Painting my garage door and wooden frame. Rubbed it down and washed it this morning. Get a couple of coats of paint on the wood today and then hopefully do the door tomorrow.
Chippo1

What are we all doing ?

Post by Chippo1 »

Ajay I do understand where your coming from there.
Rorschach

What are we all doing ?

Post by Rorschach »

Well I got 2 coats of Allcoat exterior on the frame and it's looking good. Not that looks matter, I don't have to look at it I am only doing it to protect things from the weather.

Door tomorrow, not looking forward to that as it's oil based which I really don't care for these days.
Chippo1

What are we all doing ?

Post by Chippo1 »

Run out of soft sand now, so sorting out the outside sockets.

Then paint the new pallet wood cold frame thing.
Someone-Else

What are we all doing ?

Post by Someone-Else »

Today, I have decided to paint all my clothes, I am on the second coat.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Nos

What are we all doing ?

Post by Nos »

Cant get out to buy anything, ride on mower ran out of petrol yesterday so I looked at it all mucky and unloved :oops: and set abut giving it a good clean even went as far as giving it a good wax and polish :roll:, managed to go out today for some grocery's and for some petrol so this afternoon going to put the Lute on the back and level what bit of soil the builders have left me, about two tennis courts worth :thumbright:
Chippo1

What are we all doing ?

Post by Chippo1 »

SE, what colour trousers?
London mike 61

What are we all doing ?

Post by London mike 61 »

I seeded lots of small patches on the lawn today with a soil/seed mixture that I mix up in a flexi tub and leave it for a couple of days before I do the bits where the weeds have been killed off.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
dewaltdisney

What are we all doing ?

Post by dewaltdisney »

I got out and got some petrol for my mowers and other kit plus topped the car up with diesel. They still had gloves there so I used them carefully while fuelling and then took care in the M&S petrol station shop noticing it was quite well stocked. Everyone was being sensible and keeping a distance and I sanitised my hands on the way out back to my car. That was that little foray over. The roads are how I remember them in the 60's. I saw a few couples having a stroll enjoying the weather but pretty quiet.

Just got in from doing the back and front grass, strimming and clearing up generally. We are just contemplating doing fence panel number two. I am having a cuppa contemplating that.

DWD

Return to “The Lounge”