airstrike nailer 18g

Ryobi power tool reviews in here please

Moderator: Moderators

tpm
Newly registered Member

airstrike nailer 18g

Post by tpm »

Not had it a long time but thought id start a review and add to it as i use it more.
Packaging considering its came all the way from the states its better nic than some of the boxes in b n q
well on to the tool. As its one plus tool you guessed it the batteries fit so in went a fully charged battery and out to the shed i go.
tried it on a few different types of wood and done all i wanted also used it to pin some skirts and archs to the wall did it all very well no issues.
it does drain batteries but id only put a 1.5ah battery in it.
you can adjust the drive of the nail by turning the knob at the back then fine tune it via the front knob.
all in im happy and it may use batteries but at least i dont have to smell that rancid smell of gas i used to get from a paslode.

only issue i have found is unlike paslodes etc this gun will fire a nail without pushing the pin thing in as the knob on the side pulls pin back
now thats fine as im not going to be running around firing it either on auto or single fire. Yep it fires nails 1 after the other without pressing button again lol
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Re: airstrike nailer 18g

Post by Job and Knock »

How does it cope with 50mm into hardwood or green MDF? That's the true test of any pin gun
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
MSX

Re: airstrike nailer 18g

Post by MSX »

Job and Knock wrote:How does it cope with 50mm into hardwood or green MDF? That's the true test of any pin gun
lol, I saw this post yesterday and did this today. I have the 2nd fix 16g Hitachi gun and 50mm pins went straight through green MDF and some oak used to finish a kitchen off (small metre high stud wall behind a U shaped kitchen, open plan room, etc). I bought the gun off FFX and the first one they sent had a faulty actuator so they replaced it within a week.

Return to “Ryobi”