Ryobi ONE+ caulking gun

Ryobi power tool reviews in here please

Moderator: Moderators

python
General Builder
Has thanked: 0

Ryobi ONE+ caulking gun

Post by python »

IMO this is an excellent piece of kit. I bought it on ebay brand new for £30 including postage. I believe the seller has some left so pm me if you want a link to his page.

The main bomuses as I see it are twofold.

Firstly, if you want a small even bead, this machine will deliver a small bead that you can swing to deliver a continuous bead for the entire length of the srurface, without having to stop because the trigger is depressed.

Secondly, if you have to discharge a very thick bead, or have alot of product to discharge for whatever reason, no more aching hands/fingers/wrists.

The box states that this machine will discharge 200 tubes on one battery, a claim I will probably never test, but suffice it to say that this machine isn't a battery killer.

It handles well and feels good in the hand, and it's large size did not make it difficult to use imo.

They even thought to include a fold-away prong for piercing new tubes on the side of the gun.

The only downside is that it has allot of power, so be careful when using old tubes. It has a cut out that stops the motor if the pressure build up is too high. This is to stop it pushing through the back of the cartridge, and thereby causing an explosion over the mechanism arm, when there is a blockage due to hardened product in the nozzle. However, if you depress the switch and then reapply pressure after a few seconds the machine will move again. It is important to note this, because if you didn't read the instructions you didn't know what the cut out eant and did indeed explode the roof and gutter sealant all over the gun.

Another good part of the design is that it is easy to disassemble the front end parts to soak in white spirit after said explosion.

I give this product a solid 5 out of 5 for value for money. I am very pleased with it.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

thanks for the reveiw
i thought it may be a bit gimmiky but should have known better :lol: :lol:

dont know wether to spend just shy of £60 on an other impact[naked]
http://www.powertoolsuk.co.uk/webcat/de ... ED&ID=3440

or go for a mastic gun :scratch:
we are all ------------------still learning
python
General Builder

Post by python »

well, i should probably add that I used to really suffer from hand pain at times, because I would often go 3 months without using a mastic gun, then find myself using one constantly for half a day, and damn, that hurt my hands/fingers/wrists, so I am probably more likely to appreciate that aspect of it.

but for the money, I think it's excellent.
python
General Builder

Post by python »

After a few more hours using this, I still think it's great, but there are a couple of drawbacks.

There is some loss of utility around tight spots, like behind a row of taps/shower attatchments, etc, where a standard caulking gun is nescesary.

I still need to cut the bottom 3/4 inch off of gripfill tubes to get them to fit.

And the gun plunger has gotten silicone/gutter sealent on it, through the back of the tube, three times (in maybe 15 hours use). It IS very easy to take apart and clean, but obviously I'd rather not have to.

I'm still VERY happy with it, but maybe would score it 7/10 for utility, and 9/10 for value.

Return to “Ryobi”