- Senior Member
- Posts: 315
- Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:51 pm
- Has thanked: 21 times
- Been thanked: 20 times
I have two of them, which get thoroughly used and very abused on a daily basis. They will easily drill 32mm holes through green oak, with the only limitation being your wrists and holding the drill!
The gearbox is superb, and can be switched in forward reverse direction without the need to stop.
The power cord is also a very good length, which sadly can't always be said about some manufacturers products.
If I could make one criticism about the drill, it would be that it doesn't come with a keyless chuck as standard. The shop that I purchased my drills from, did swap the two chucks FOC for Metabo's own units, so it wasn't really a hardship.
I can't recommend these drills highly enough, and I'm now thinking about buying a third as a spare, just in case the production run ever stops.
Metabo Be 622 620W Rotary Drill 110V
- Die cast aluminum gear housing
- Variospeed (V) electronics
- Metabo S-automatic torque limiting clutch
- Forward and reverse running
- Geared chuck
- Spindle with hexagon recess for screwdriver bits
- Suitable for drilling with drill bits with large diameter (e.g. form drills) and for stirring thick liquid-like materials
- High torque
- Long additional handle
- Auto-stop carbon brushes
Torque 35 Nm
Drill diameter in - Steel 16 mm - Softwood 40 mm
Speeds at no load 0 - 550 /min
Rated input power 620 W
Output power 360 W
Speed at rated load 330 /min
Collar diameter 43 mm
Spindle thread 1 /2" -20 UNF
Chuck capacity 1,5 - 13 mm
Spindle with hexagon recess 6,35 mm
Weight (excluding mains lead) 2,1 kg
Dead image links removed by Admin 08/11/2013