New Bosch tools coming soon......

Bosch power tool review in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

New Bosch tools coming soon......

Post by Job and Knock »

Last Saturday I was chatting to my friendly dealer about tools (inevitably) and he happened to pull out a few new Bosch items I'd never seen before. Firstly he had a cordless 15 gauge angled pinner. Looks a lot like my current deWalts but with a few significant advantages; it feels slightly smaller (although the body is still pretty heavy), it comes with a proper 18 volt 3Ah lithium battery system (DW, are you listening?) and it packs into a Bosch L-Box. Tasty. At the same time he also brought out from under the counter a tiny Bosch 18 volt SDS+ drill (with the new 1.3Ah battery pack). This unit is tiny, little larger than a conventional cordless drill, yet it packs about 1.7J of hammer force. Looks like Panasonic might well have some competition here. Finally he tried to persuade me to buy the new GKS85G CE 235mm rip saw. This issimilar to the current offerings except that it will run on either the new Bosch (read Mafell - Bosch are buying-in the rail technology) or existing Festool/Metabo/Hilti/Protool guide rails. Not sure if it will work on the Makita rail, yet
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: New Bosch tools coming soon......

Post by big-all »

i like my new toys but with the exemption off bosch blue 10.8 and ryobi will go for the old stock for tools as i have the batteries and the tools will become old stock so sold off cheap:thumbright:
we are all ------------------still learning
StyXSIS

Post by StyXSIS »

If the pic at the bottom is the nailer, then it's a 16g and the only one i've had a go of, i don't think they'ed make another version coz they've sold pretty terribly here as dewalt 18v nailers are everywhere as they just keep going. It's been out for quite a few years here in the U.S, it's ok though i think but they've stopped making it here now as far as i know as i haven't seen them around for ages, but, i guess the've fixed up the little problems the've had here if it's going to the uk. As for the drill it's part of the new brute tough range, well it's actualy called the compact tough and the specs look ok i guess not had one in my hands yet though but, like all bosch it's more than likely going to be a quality tool.
Attachments
2 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png
2 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png (49.38 KiB) Viewed 8754 times
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Is it just me that can't see the picture :scratch:
StyXSIS

Post by StyXSIS »

It was fine when i did a preview. Anyway here's the pic again & another with front view.
EDIT
I've just up'd this and i can see the other pic is almost completley distorted. Don't know why though?.
Attachments
1 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png
1 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png (49.71 KiB) Viewed 8739 times
2 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png
2 BOSCH 18V Li-Ion 16ga Finish Nailer FNH180-16.png (49.38 KiB) Viewed 8739 times
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

That looks like a nice piece of kit :thumbright:

Return to “Bosch”