Bosch GOP 10.8v

Bosch power tool review in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Fitz
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Bosch GOP 10.8v

Post by Fitz »

I purchased the Bosch GOP 10.8v last year. It was the model in the systainer with all the fittings, blades etc, etc and was, I think £160.00. When first used, I couldn't believe that I ever got by without it, it was fantastic !

However, it became apparent very quickly that this machine was lacking in the power department. On a full charge it was amazing but, said full charge only lasted about 5 mins of continual use. It came with 2 batteries, one of which went completely dead and wouldn't accept a charge after 2 months.

It became a bit of a bind when I needed to use it.

A couple months ago I decided to try a cheap version of the same tool so went to Argos and purchased a Worx Sonicrafter 240v corded version.
It was on offer at £50.00 for the tool and carry case, over £100 cheaper than the Bosch. I got it home, tried it and you know what, I cannot fault it. I have been using it on site for the last 2 months and it still impresses me.

It is ten times better than the disappointing Bosch. I know I'm comparing battery with mains power here but my main point is the outlay..... £160 compared to £50 ! I never buy cheap tools, the majority of mine are Makita which I swear by but, this little cheap multi tool can sit proudly with them.

I opened the bosch systainer case, chucked the bosch in the bin and put the Worx Sonicrafter in the systainer(which fitted perfectly) with all the accessories - blades, sanding pads etc.

To sum up....... I wouldn't bother with the Bosch GOP 10.8v if you want to use it for more than a few minutes. On this occasion and this occasion only, I would suggest going cheap (I cant believe I've just said that either !)

Hope this helps someone.

Cheers, Fitz.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: Bosch GOP 10.8v

Post by big-all »

i assume "chucked it in the bin" is a youthanism for sold on "e bay"

you should have taken it back or bought 2 more batteries lol :thumbright: :thumbright:
we are all ------------------still learning
Fitz
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Post by Fitz »

HI big-all,

No, I actually chucked it in the bin. It was no good. I did what I usually do...... Think to myself, I'll have to take this back, and before I knew it....... the warranty was out.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

i would have given you something for it and used it for spares :lol: :lol:
we are all ------------------still learning

Return to “Bosch”