Bosch power tool review in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

RF Lighting
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bosch GBH36VLiCP cordless SDS drill

Post by RF Lighting »

This is currently being advertised on the front page of screwfix.

I bought one as the price looked good, and I had a 24V GBH a few years ago which was a real solid workhorse of a drill.

I submitted the following review to screwfix, but they havent put it up for some reason (there's a suprise) :roll:

This is a very poorly made drill.

I used to use a Bosch GBH 24V SDS drill, and more recently the Makita. Both out perform this drill

There is no roto-stop mode for chiselling.

The variable speed trigger does not work properly. It is all or nothing. At low speed I can stop the drill from turning by gripping the chuck in my left hand.

The trigger has a poor response time. When pulsing the trigger for screwing etc, You can pulse the trigger quicker than the drill can respond.

You have to move the side handle out of the way every time you change the battery, which gets annoying quicker than you'd beleive.

On the plus side, it is light weight, and comes with a nice box.

In summary, save your pennies a bit longer and buy a decent drill.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

36 volt drills are normally very expensive and so you would expect better, especially from a Bosch :shock:
muggles12345
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bosch GBH36VLiCP cordless SDS drill

Post by muggles12345 »

RF Lighting wrote: There is no roto-stop mode for chiselling.

That's because you've bought the one that doesn't have roto-stop. There are two versions, the Compact and the standard one, the Compact does not have roto-stop, the standard model does. If you'd wanted roto-stop, you should have purchased the model that has it fitted.

The variable speed trigger does not work properly. It is all or nothing. At low speed I can stop the drill from turning by gripping the chuck in my left hand.

Well you've contradicted yourself there, you say the variable speed doesn't work then say at low speed you can stop the drill, which suggests that the variable speed does work. VS on my GSB36V-Li (standard model with the roto-stop) is fine, and never had any torque issues either.

The trigger has a poor response time. When pulsing the trigger for screwing etc, You can pulse the trigger quicker than the drill can respond.

Why would you pulse a trigger for screwing? Hell, why would you use an SDS srill for screwing? Squeeze the trigger a little and it turns nice and slowly, or better still buy a cordless screwdriver. The GSR10.8V-Li is excellent

You have to move the side handle out of the way every time you change the battery, which gets annoying quicker than you'd believe.

You're obviously easily annoyed. If it's in the way then it's in the down / stored position, which means you're not using it, so take it off, then it won't annoy you. If you are using it it'll be out to the side in which case it won't be in the way. Simples.

On the plus side, it is light weight, and comes with a nice box.

Agreed

In summary, save your pennies a bit longer and buy a decent drill.

Or spend a little more and buy the version with roto-stop that you always wanted. Had mine for ages, used it every day and not a single complaint about it.
Just thought I'd add my view to this, in case people find it helpful. I'm quite surprised that the reviewer has gone out and purchased something that doesn't have a feature he wants, when there is a version of the same thing that has that feature, then complained that the version he's got doesn't have that feature. It's like buying a ham sandwich and complaining when there's no cheese in it. If you want a ham and cheese sandwich, don't buy a ham one. If you want a GSB36V-Li, don't buy a GSB36V-LiCP

Honestly, some people in this world mystify me

Return to “Bosch”