Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Dewalt power tool reviews in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
hammer chewer
Newly registered Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by hammer chewer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello...i have just bought the above 54v flexvolt strimmer/brushcutter.
The problem is,when you go to put the brushcutter blade on,the bolt on the machine is too short by about half an inch,leaving you no room for the final nut.
No one seems to know about this.
Can anyone help?
User avatar
wine~o
Senior Member
Posts: 24938
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:49 pm
Location: hants/dorset border
Has thanked: 1336 times
Been thanked: 3699 times

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by wine~o » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm

:dunno: Pics? blade isn't upside down or owt daft ?
Verwood Handyman

Verwood Handyman


___________________________________________________________________

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
hammer chewer
Newly registered Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by hammer chewer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:11 pm

wine~o wrote::dunno: Pics? blade isn't upside down or owt daft ?
Hi...sorry,difficult to explain.Theres only one way it can go on.
I know the US version is a strimmer only,and its possible ive got the US version strimmer head?
User avatar
Dave54
Senior Member
Posts: 4181
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 pm
Has thanked: 1064 times
Been thanked: 966 times

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by Dave54 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:13 pm

Is there an adaptor one way or the other?
Is the blade supplied with the machine or is it an extra?
As said. Pics might help.
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:36 pm

hammer chewer wrote:
wine~o wrote::dunno: Pics? blade isn't upside down or owt daft ?
Hi...sorry,difficult to explain.Theres only one way it can go on.
I know the US version is a strimmer only,and its possible ive got the US version strimmer head?
Where and when did you buy? All uk dealers only sell uk tools. You should've received a free 3rd battery as well.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
hammer chewer
Newly registered Member
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:23 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by hammer chewer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:44 pm

steviejoiner74 wrote:
hammer chewer wrote:
wine~o wrote::dunno: Pics? blade isn't upside down or owt daft ?
Hi...sorry,difficult to explain.Theres only one way it can go on.
I know the US version is a strimmer only,and its possible ive got the US version strimmer head?
Where and when did you buy? All uk dealers only sell uk tools. You should've received a free 3rd battery as well.
Bought from a well known ebay tool seller who sells genuine dewalt gear...2 days ago.Naked tool.
My fear is is that if i order another one,it will be the same.
Wish i could see one in the flesh before i commit again.
User avatar
steviejoiner74
Senior Member
Posts: 8005
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:04 pm
Location: Fife
Has thanked: 747 times
Been thanked: 1616 times

Re: Help DCM571 Dewalt Strimmer problem

Post by steviejoiner74 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:16 pm

hammer chewer wrote:
steviejoiner74 wrote:
hammer chewer wrote:
wine~o wrote::dunno: Pics? blade isn't upside down or owt daft ?
Hi...sorry,difficult to explain.Theres only one way it can go on.
I know the US version is a strimmer only,and its possible ive got the US version strimmer head?
Where and when did you buy? All uk dealers only sell uk tools. You should've received a free 3rd battery as well.
Bought from a well known ebay tool seller who sells genuine dewalt gear...2 days ago.Naked tool.
My fear is is that if i order another one,it will be the same.
Wish i could see one in the flesh before i commit again.
Are you on Facebook mate? If so ask to join dewalt talk group. You'll defo get the answer you're looking for.
These users thanked the author steviejoiner74 for the post:
hammer chewer
Rating: 7.14%
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
Post Reply

Return to “Dewalt”