flexvolt

Dewalt power tool reviews in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

mapei
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: flexvolt

Post by mapei »

hi guys im new here so helo to everybody...
i can put my couple pennys about flexvolt tools , i bought few weeks ago small angle grinder in set ,tool ,2 batteries (6ah) and fast charger for 440 pounds
tool is great , lightweight and pack real punch to be honest its feels better in hand than most corded ones ,btw no idea why...but does..
thing is after 2 days of exitment i went to work i put a flapdisc and i started to grind ..then friend wanted to try it ,,,and when he was using it i could hear ratling sound making by grinder (only on flap disc, i cant hear it when cuting, noise is overlaep with cuting noise) tool is still on warranty but i opened head anyway to check if maybe something is lose inside , there was nothing but what i found out the main bearing in crown had imperfection and wasnt spining smoothly , so i said ok i put claim on warranty , check internet .chosed 5 star warranty partner with dewalt ,made trip 100 miles total..btw , guy in service told me in begining that whole transmision was broken ,i told him that jumping feeling on spindle is actualy brushless motor (its normal with magnets inside) ,then he agreed on that, i told him about suspected bearing failure (didnt told him i opened tool to not void warranty) ,after week they called me and said tool is alright .nothing was broken ,,they didnt replaced bearing....
and now i have tool with bad bearing which im afraid to use not to broke it , guys said in service to use it normaly if something happen i have 3 years warranty ,but i was in similar situation couple years ago with hitachi hamerdrill and then its failed after "repair" ,they denied warranty .....reason? tool abuse.......
to be honest have no idea what to do ,i would change it myself but need hydraulik press plus thats void warranty which i paid for.....
any idea what can do with that?
i wander if i can buy whole crown with bearing and spidle to replace....
best regards guys and always check tools when buing them for things like that
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

heeelllooo and welcome mapei :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
your consumer rights supecede any gtee
fit for purpose
as described etc

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... s-exchange
and remember the contract is with the place or person you bought it from not the manufacturer so the manufacturer can say its not there problem as you dont have a contract with them
we are all ------------------still learning
steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

Did you get the free 3rd battery all dealers have been offering since march as well?
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
mapei
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mapei »

hi guys thx for response
thing is i bought it from anglia tool centre(online) (should i contact them?)
they send me email with offer with that 3rd battery
im still waiting for it as it supose to come straight from dewalt not from seller(website claims they send will send it within 30 days)
best regards mark
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Contact ATC and tell them that you are not happy and why. As Big-All says the contract is with the retailer not the manu.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “Dewalt”