dewalt dw682k- biscuit joiner

Dewalt power tool reviews in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

speed

dewalt dw682k- biscuit joiner

Post by speed »

i was in the market for new biscuit joiner and needing 110v it was basically a choice between bosch, makita and dewalt. after looking at prices spec etc i found the makita and bosch are the same machine and a good £50 more to buy, so that left me with the dewalt.

so hears what we get,
the tool with a 4m cable, dust bag and adaptor, and the tooling to allow the blade to be changed.
the machine is nice and weighty and feels good inthe hand, easy to press the trigger and adjust controls

this is how it fitts in the case, the machine fits perfect but i can not for the life of me get all the cable/plug and accessorys back in the box. its a nice box just like the rest of the dewalt range they just dont accomadate the cable, i have the same problem with the trend t10 router which is basically a dw625ek.

the controls
this is the adjustment for the blade depth, 0,10,20 is for biscuit size and the M is for max depth setting which is 22mm,
its easy to adjust the red line is the referance mark to set the depth to

to adjust the angle its a simple thumb turn knob and a easy to read angle scale

height adjustment is nice and easy due to rack and pinion rise and fall, just loosen the square knob then the round knob controlls the height, there is a scale and pointer that is also easy to read

all referance marks have been painted in red paint

the supplied dust extraction bag clips in to the square extraction port built into the base,
there is also a adaptor to hook it upto a dust extractor

due to the original case been a little small i use a systainer 3, this allows me to carry 200x 0,10and 20 size biscuits afew worktop bolts and 10mm spanner, a 1l bottle of glue and glue brushes :thumbleft:
dewaltdisney

Re: dewalt dw682k- biscuit joiner

Post by dewaltdisney »

I think the vulnerable bits on biscuit jointers are the knobs to tighten the guides. I must say that these look pretty tough though and the whole tool looks nicely engineered. It is a lot better than my Ferm £40 one I can tell you :lol:

DWD
royaloakcarpentry

Post by royaloakcarpentry »

I use my router.

Although, I would go for the Makita or Bosche as everything I have had by Dewalt has lasted less than a year. Although there flipover saw is good and would have that if it was possible to get it up on the legs by ones self.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

dewaltdisney wrote:I think the vulnerable bits on biscuit jointers are the knobs to tighten the guides. I must say that these look pretty tough though and the whole tool looks nicely engineered. It is a lot better than my Ferm £40 one I can tell you :lol:

DWD
i am looking for the thread but the s/f search engine is busted lol
we are all ------------------still learning
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Looks like a nice piece of kit :thumbright:

I bought a cheap one from Aldi about two years ago and I still have not used it :oops:

Return to “Dewalt”