Bosch Green PLL1P Laser Spirit Level

Reviews of hand tools in this forum please.

Moderator: Moderators

Liam2349

Bosch Green PLL1P Laser Spirit Level

Post by Liam2349 »

I first saw this over Easter on Amazons' lighting deals, and missed it, so I ended up buying it from FFX for £31. It is a small spirit level, just over 15cm in length and has strong magnets that can hold it beneath my pull-up bar without falling.

It projects a line laser, like a proper cross-line laser but with only horizontal/vertical, depending on how you position it. It also projects a dot from the other side.

The lasers are fine, and the reason I bought it. It looked like a decent product, but I've been unhappy with every Bosch green item I've owned, and this is no exception. The problem with this products is that it's a terrible spirit level. In fact, when I want to use the laser, I have to level this Bosch level using my FatMax level! It looks something like this...

As you can see, the Bosch is way out!

Here's the problem: Not only are the bubbles in the vials too small to use, making it very difficult to tell when you actually have the thing level, but when my FatMax says it's level, the bubbles on the Bosch actually keep moving and take a bit of time to settle. When they do settle, you get the above situation! I trust the FatMax far more than this though, and I did check with another level too, to make sure my FatMax was still true.

Product takes 2xAAA batteries, comes with a dodgy wall mount, and I do not recommend purchasing it. Hopefully now I can stop being tempted by Bosch Green products and not waste more time and money.

To summarize: Lasers are good, spirit level is terrible. I'm not going into anymore detail because you want to keep away from this. A spirit level that requires leveling from another spirit level is a joke ::b

Also, the FatMax level is really good, just FYI.

Return to “Hand tool reviews”