Wickes fencing bar - what a beast!

Reviews of hand tools in this forum please.

Moderator: Moderators

Chappy

Wickes fencing bar - what a beast!

Post by Chappy »

Got one of these after struggling to get old concrete out of the ground. It weighs a ton, and that is its main asset. You can mash through just about anything without bending your back....BUT.....resist the temptation to use it to lever the broken lumps out of the ground - I have broken the blade off mine! Get a proper pry bar to do that, and just use this beast to break up the lumps first.
I cannot mark it down for this as I think it was my misuse that caused it to fail. I have now resharpened the remaining bit of blade so I can still use it almost as well as before although it is now 6" shorter!
wine~o

Re: Wickes fencing bar - what a beast!

Post by wine~o »

:dunno: Link???
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
Chappy

Post by Chappy »

scot-canuck

Post by scot-canuck »

Not a bad idea, I have access to something a bit tougher...discarded pneumatic point chisel (I think thats what it is anyway) welded onto a 3 odd foot length of pipe, bit heavy, but can be driven in through almost anything with the aid of a sledge hammer....
Gone M.I.A.
memzey

Post by memzey »

I've just been using one of those Wickes bars to dig out some tree stumps in my back garden - once I got the knack it made the job much easier.
jamie86
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jamie86 »

I'd call that a post hole digging bar - looks awesome! Best thing for digging narrow holes, I think, given you can dig vertically, and with greater surface area on the digging end. Add in the tamper and I really do love this things...

Forum is telling me this post is 8 months old, but it was on the front page when I opened tool reviews, so...

Return to “Hand tool reviews”