BETA C41H Review

Reviews of hand tools in this forum please.

Moderator: Moderators

ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

BETA C41H Review

Post by ultimatehandyman »

BETA C41H 2 DRAWER, TWO MODULE TOOL BOX / CHEST TROLLEY CABINET

For years I have split my tools across several different toolboxes, so I had a general toolbox, a plumbing toolbox and an electrical toolbox. I also have a work toolbox, which is far too big to be moved easily (I normally move this in and out of the van using a fork lift).

After checking ebay for a few weeks I spotted a Beta tools C41H tool trolley/box, but the price put me off a little as they were selling for about £300 but I managed to get one for £260 including free delivery.

I know £260 is a lot for a toolbox but it really is a quality item. I checked a few toolboxes out at my local B&Q and although they were £160 cheaper they were plastic and seemed like very poor quality.

One thing to mention is the weight of the toolbox as it weighs in at 21kg’s empty, so once it is filled with all your tools it makes it extremely difficult to move it in and out of the van.

The good thing about the toolbox is that you can fit everything in it, the top box is a decent size and the two top drawers are strong enough to take a decent amount of tools.

Here you can see the box, the top box is detachable, there are then two drawers then a pull out small parts organiser, then a large drawer-

You can see here that it does not take up much room in the van (although lifting it in is difficult)-

The large wheels mean that you can move it up stairs as long as the stairs have risers and the steps do not stick out over the risers too much. I think you’d struggle with this box on some stairs such as industrial stairs that are made from steel.

The top two drawers are deep and can hold several hand tools with ease-

The bottom drawer is very deep and you can easily fit a couple of small power tools in it. This drawer could easily hold my full set of Milwaukee 12v cordless tools and still have space left over.

The drawer runners are very good quality-

A very convenient part of the kit is the small parts organiser, this just slots into position-

Once opened you can fill it with your small bits and pieces-

Release the two catches and you can detach the top box from the trolley, this means you can leave the toolbox in the back of the van and simply detach the top box and fill it with the required tools-

I’m delighted with the BETA C41H and have even given away my other toolboxes that I used to use. At £260 plus it is certainly not the cheapest toolbox in the world but it is certainly one of the best.
These users thanked the author ultimatehandyman for the post (total 2):
big-allBikergirl
Rating: 14.29%
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Re: BETA C41H Review

Post by big-all »

thanks for taking the time and effort for all you vidieos and reviews -----

i had to thank you cos i thank anyone that takes the time to report back tool use :lol: :lol:

just noticed we are both on 163 "thanks" that really appeals to my sense humour/irony
These users thanked the author big-all for the post:
ultimatehandyman
Rating: 7.14%
we are all ------------------still learning
Razor

Post by Razor »

I've just seen these on Ebay - probably from the same shop in Bath?

A quick Google for reviews and where do I find one? :lol:

So are you still pleased with it?
I think I'll take two chickens...
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Yes, it's a cracking tool box.

It's in the garage right now as tool boxes condensate badly in the winter months if left in the van.

I normally put it in the van and when I get to the job I can transfer the tools I need from the drawers to the top box and just carry that in, unless it is a big job in which case I’ll wheel the full box in ;-)
EJJ150847

Post by EJJ150847 »

I have a cheapie one that is useless. Bought as a present years ago.

Wish I could get SWMBO to fork out at Christmas. :roll:

Good review :salute:
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not!
Razor

BETA C41H Review

Post by Razor »

Well a nice orange and black one is on it's way :mrgreen:

I nearly went for the limited edition one but my 8 and 9 year old both said it looks pikey :lol:

Dead image link removed by Admin 25/01/2021
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Looks more like a box of matches :lol:

Not sure why they have put the hack saw at the back as it easily fits inside the top box :wink:
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

What do you think of it Ray?
Razor

Post by Razor »

I'm very impressed Chez :thumbleft:

The nature of my work means bringing in quite a lot of gear, at least two drills with bits. general plumbing tools, leccy testers etc. Not only does it take time when you're in a kitchen you haven't got room for half a dozen boxes all open so you stack them and the one you need is always at the bottom :sad:

Everythings accessible with this; my SDS and combi drills go in the bottom together with electric pipe cutter, hacksall and impact driver. Testers, laser level and delicates go in top drawer. Pipe cutters and wrenches in middle drawer and odds n sods in the top box.

Thought it would be a bit small for me but any bigger and I couldn't lift it! As it is I take the top section off to lift it in and out of the van :roll:

I bet yours looks new for a lot longer than mine though :lol:
Bikergirl

Post by Bikergirl »

My other half pronounced "you could do with one of those, that'd be ideal."

Then I told her the price and she said "can't you make one? You're all handy people"

Hmmm Don't think I'll be getting one for xmas! Thanks for the review, though, it looks perfect.

Return to “Hand tool reviews”