Worcester boiler installation flow and return swapped

Questions about central heating and boiler questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

Louis22
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Louis22 »

Hi, can't believe I was able to find this post this evening as I'm in a bit of a confused mess after installing a Worcester Greenstar 15ri today in place of a Baxi solo 3. I'm having the same problem the return is getting hot first as if its piped the wrong way round. I identified the flow pipe as the one with the overheat stat and flow sensor on that was connected to the upper right hand side of the Baxi solo 3. That pipe became the flow on the worcester, I then fitted a Worcester filter to return pipe and the connected to the return on the far right hand side of the worcester. The pipes haven't crossed over behind boiler and the boiler fires up fine but like I said the return pipe that now has a filter attached gets hot first as if it were the flow.

I'm trying to work out if the original system was always piped the wrong way around or whether there is another cause like the air separator by the cylinder that's been mentioned. The water that came out from draining system wasn't very dirty but it did take 3 hours to drain only the upstairs rads. If anyone can help I'd be so grateful as I've got to go in the morning to resolve and last thing I want to do is undo what's a neat job or start lifting floorboards upstairs to swap pipes around if it is some type of air lock or blockage that I'm not clued up about. Thanks in advance
moderator2
UHM Super Moderator

Post by moderator2 »

Not a good idea to hijack a 5 year old thread. I've split it.
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

:welcomeuhm: are you gas safe registered ?
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk

Return to “Central Heating & Boilers”