rewiring a bunaglow

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

pammyb
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

rewiring a bunaglow

Post by pammyb »

I am looking at a 3 bed bunaglow which needs completly re wiring as it is 50 years old . The bunaglow is in Derby and I was wondering roughly what it might cost me. Does the house have to be re plastered afterwards.
Many thanks
Pam :grin:
sparkydude

Post by sparkydude »

Hello, As a rough idea , with basic amount of wiring accessories, about £1000-£1500 . Bungalows are normally easier to rewire than houses due to the lack of floorboards. You should not need to re-plaster the house but it will depend on the age of the building and how tough the plaster is. Probably have to get a plasterer in to fill the chases in the plaster up though.I am from burton so if you want someone to look over it for you , PM me.

Nick
If it isnt broke dont bloody touch it until it bloody well is and if it is broke then make drawing of the connections before you remove the broken one and replace with a new one LoL
markysparky
Electrician
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by markysparky »

It would be at least £1800 for me.

If the house was occupied I would allow a bit more still as it would take even longer

Return to “Electric Forum UK”