Socket Spacing? What if any

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

Jaeger_S2k
Pro Handyman

Socket Spacing? What if any

Post by Jaeger_S2k »

Hello,
Is there any minimum space required between pattress style double sockets?

I can't recall anything but just wanted to check with the changes that have taken place.
Jaeger.
Senior Member doesn't mean I'm OLD!
sparkydude

Post by sparkydude »

No Rules if they are mounted on surface boxes, not between anyways, but there is as to distance from floor, it must be far enough up so as to not put a strain on the flex in the plug which in reality means do not mount the box just above the carpet.

Nick
If it isnt broke dont bloody touch it until it bloody well is and if it is broke then make drawing of the connections before you remove the broken one and replace with a new one LoL
skiking
Has thanked: 0

Post by skiking »

I thought there was a minimum height rule now to help wheelchair bound people. Basically sockets have to be 2-3ft up from the floor.
sparkydude

Post by sparkydude »

There is a height for them in a NEW build situation, but not in a refurb/alteration situation.

Nick
If it isnt broke dont bloody touch it until it bloody well is and if it is broke then make drawing of the connections before you remove the broken one and replace with a new one LoL
Jaeger_S2k
Pro Handyman

Post by Jaeger_S2k »

PHEW! :lol:

Thank the wee man for that. I didn't think there was but just as I put the last one up and wired I thought???????????????

Set at 450 mm Min.
skiking wrote:I thought there was a minimum height rule now to help wheelchair bound people. Basically sockets have to be 2-3ft up from the floor.
Yeah, as the Architects will tell you it's to make it easier for them to tangle the trailing flex round the wheels.
Jaeger.
Senior Member doesn't mean I'm OLD!

Return to “Electric Forum UK”