Economy 7 dimplex heaters

All your electrical questions regarding electrics from within the United Kingdom

Moderator: Moderators

Andrew

Economy 7 dimplex heaters

Post by Andrew »

I hope this is the right forum ... I have absolutely no idea about this and am probably going to look a berk, but here goes...

...My girlfriend is looking at flats. One that is in contention is in a large block of purpose-built flats. This flat has economy 7 heating, and the heaters in the rooms are really old and are huge and ugly.

Apparently there is no gas to the building, so if she was to buy the flat, she'd have to stick with economy 7.

My question is: can you get new replacement heaters / rads that are smaller and more aesthetically pleasing? If so, how much are we talking per unit?

Many thanks.
Jaeger_S2k
Pro Handyman

Post by Jaeger_S2k »

Yes.

Depends on the size for size (output) your looking at.

Take a look here for examples http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/ ... index.html
Jaeger.
Senior Member doesn't mean I'm OLD!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for this. They're not the cheapest, are they? And what is the difference between a manual and an automatic??? :oops:
Jaeger_S2k
Pro Handyman

Post by Jaeger_S2k »

Andrew wrote:Thanks for this. They're not the cheapest, are they? And what is the difference between a manual and an automatic??? :oops:
# XL range features manually adjustable charge regulator to control the amount of heat stored during the charge period.

# XLS range features automatic charge regulator, which automatically adjusts the level of input charge to compensate for changing weather conditions without user intervention.
Dead link removed by admin

Googles quite good you know :roll: :wink:
Jaeger.
Senior Member doesn't mean I'm OLD!

Return to “Electric Forum UK”