Lidl Thursday 18 July.

The Bargain Tool forum. This is for regular members to post about bargain tools. It is not for spammers to post links to tool sites!

Moderator: Moderators

OchAye

Lidl Thursday 18 July.

Post by OchAye »

The usual DIY stuff at Lidl. What catches my eye is the wet and dry vacuum and only because it has a power take up socket. Potentially good for dust extraction.
These users thanked the author OchAye for the post:
Dave54 (Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Rorschach

Lidl Thursday 18 July.

Post by Rorschach »

I have had a couple of the Lidl vacs with PTO, very handy for sanding, routing and the track saw.
Argyll

Lidl Thursday 18 July.

Post by Argyll »

I'm looking at the core welder. What would be the advantages/disadvantages over the Parkside stick welder?
ruefondary
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Lidl Thursday 18 July.

Post by ruefondary »

The big Lidl/Parkside shop vac is pretty good based on my 2 year experience with it. It's a bit noisy but works well and is very convenient with power tools.
OchAye

Lidl Thursday 18 July.

Post by OchAye »

Argyll wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:59 am I'm looking at the core welder. What would be the advantages/disadvantages over the Parkside stick welder?
Don't quote me, I played a lot with old heaps (cars) by necessity but never did any welding. Is it similar (the same?) as MIG welding which needs to be done in a garage or similar so there is no wind to upset the whatever gas? The sticks get too hot so they are of little use if you are using them on thin metal as you get a hole where you try to weld?

You made me look it up, but I have not read it yet https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flux-cored_arc_welding.

Return to “Bargain Tools”