Roof tiles stuck on new home with duct tape +

This is where you can post pictures of extremely poor workmanship, whether it is done by a dodgy tradesman or by an incompetent DIY'er. Instructions on how to post pictures can be found in here.

Moderator: Moderators

boxedin

Post by boxedin »

wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Shame you linked to the daily Fail. Can't sensibly access content on there without a subscription. Found the story elsewhere and agree it's shocking.
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

wine~o wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:22 pm Shame you linked to the daily Fail. Can't sensibly access content on there without a subscription. Found the story elsewhere and agree it's shocking.
I don't have a subscription to the Mail (or any other paper) and it opened for me.

There's certainly been some cowboys on site, but much of it will be down to price-work, it's rarely generous.

Can't see what the beef is with the soffits, it's not as if you can move them up or down that much if you're keeping it simple, they pretty much decide their own level within a couple of inches.
One day it will all be firewood.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

wine~o wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:22 pm Shame you linked to the daily Fail. Can't sensibly access content on there without a subscription. Found the story elsewhere and agree it's shocking.
I never have any trouble accessing the Mail either.
You sure you haven't got a cookie blocker running or something that's screwing things up?
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

ayjay wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:34 pm
I don't have a subscription to the Mail (or any other paper) and it opened for me.

There's certainly been some cowboys on site, but much of it will be down to price-work, it's rarely generous.

Can't see what the beef is with the soffits, it's not as if you can move them up or down that much if you're keeping it simple, they pretty much decide their own level within a couple of inches.
Soffits and fascias look fine to me too, Roof tiles with duct tape are well dodgy...
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Dave54 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:40 pm I never have any trouble accessing the Mail either.
You sure you haven't got a cookie blocker running or something that's screwing things up?
Ad blocker yes, maybe the Mail don't like them ?
Verwood Handyman

Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

Ad blocker, and cookie remover running here. (Ublock origin's the adblocker, looks like the cookie thing is part of Chrome.)
No problem accessing the Mail.
Try another browser?
You know you want to read the Mail! :lol:
oz0707

Post by oz0707 »

The problem is they haven't used deep enough fascias or should have moved them up if possible. The bottom tile course drops down. The fascia should be at a level to accomodate the fact the first course isn't sitting on top of another tile
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 9.39.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 9.39.28 AM.png (102.49 KiB) Viewed 6367 times
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

oz0707 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:41 am The problem is they haven't used deep enough fascias or should have moved them up if possible. The bottom tile course drops down. The fascia should be at a level to accomodate the fact the first course isn't sitting on top of another tile
I hadn't noticed that, and there's something weird going on there the way it drops down at the hip: but it's not because the soffits are too low as stated in article, (which was what I looked at).
One day it will all be firewood.

Return to “Rogues Gallery”