nice surprise in garage ceiling

This is where you can post pictures of extremely poor workmanship, whether it is done by a dodgy tradesman or by an incompetent DIY'er. Instructions on how to post pictures can be found in here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rossl1985
Newly registered Member

nice surprise in garage ceiling

Post by Rossl1985 »

well yesterday when i pulled the plasterboard down insulate the garage ceiling i found this hidden away under the plasterboard
i could never work out why there was no power to the light fitted at the back of the garage, now waiting on a junction box to fix this mess
dewaltdisney

Re: nice surprise in garage ceiling

Post by dewaltdisney »

Makes you wonder where else Bert Bodger has applied his expertise :lol:

DWD
Rossl1985
Newly registered Member

Post by Rossl1985 »

dewaltdisney wrote:Makes you wonder where else Bert Bodger has applied his expertise :lol:

DWD
it does but i have found some very strange things while ive been doing the house so far.

fair bit of bad/strange plumbing, door linings been held in with 300mm + screws and no end of cut cables, joist and stud walls that have strange centres, light switches that were located closer to the ceiling than the floor (people that lived here before must have been tall thats all i can say)

pretty much every room i have done so far has ended up with having to put right someone else half a** bodge job before i can get done what i set out to do
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

I think it is described as 'character' by estate agents :lol:

DWD
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Just as a point of note. You are not supposed to use junction boxes in places that will not be accessible. You should use wago connectors or similar (And wago box) as they are maintenance free.

It also looks like there is no earth?
These users thanked the author Someone-Else for the post:
AlwaysLearning (Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:23 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Rossl1985
Newly registered Member

Post by Rossl1985 »

someone-else wrote:Just as a point of note. You are not supposed to use junction boxes in places that will not be accessible. You should use wago connectors or similar (And wago box) as they are maintenance free.

It also looks like there is no earth?
the junction box wont be in the ceiling mate as only the lighting ring is in the ceiling and the three core + earth is lower than ceiling height so the junction box will just get mounted to the plasterboard

there is an earth mate but just they never put green and yellow sleeve over it, another job half done badly

Return to “Rogues Gallery”