Printer recommendation please.

All your computer hardware and software questions in here please.

Moderator: Moderators

HiluxMan
Newly registered Member
Been thanked: 0

Printer recommendation please.

Post by HiluxMan »

Can somebody please recommend a budget all in one colour printer to me please.
I am after one that can print from my iPhone and iPad with double sided printing feature.
It will only be used for photocopying and printing out things like internet pages and invoices etc that are sent to me electronically. Ability to print photos would be a bonus but not essential as I’ve never needed to print photos in the past.
Needs to be one that can pretty much be used straight out the box as well with no need to be connected to a pc to set it up as I no longer have a pc or laptop.
I was looking at some Canon and Epson ones in Curry’s earlier but all the staff were busy with other customers so I got bored of waiting and left.

Are these ones any good?
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing ... 9-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing ... 6-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing ... 1-pdt.html
ayjay

Re: Printer recommendation please.

Post by ayjay »

I had to buy a new printer a couple of years back: I had an Epson at the time and was having trouble getting a clean and clear print of anything. A little research showed me that the *Clean print nozzle" function will actually make the the thing worse unless the problem is very minor to begin with, you can clean them manually but it wasn't something I wanted to bother with as it could still leave/create new problems.

I'd had a Canon printer in the past and opted for one this time out, a Canon TS5050, the printed photos are superb if done on glossy photo paper, (I sold a fair few A4 prints at the Hampshire Open Studios last year, along with my more usual ceramic stuff) I'd be very surprised if anything could print pics better, (but there may be many that are equally good). The ink cartridges are a reasonably sensible price, I use compatible cartridges and they are under £30 for a full set of 5.

The technical stuff, I can't comment on authoritatively but I'm fairly sure (from memory) that I could have set it up to print from my smart-phone.

Edit: I think the 5051 you linked to is just a white version of the 5050.
One day it will all be firewood.
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Out of the 3 you list, only 1 fills your criteria This one
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
HiluxMan
Newly registered Member

Post by HiluxMan »

ayjay, thanks for the comment, I will go with a Canon.

someone-else, could you explain why only the TS6151 fills my criteria, I have just looked through them again and realised the TS5051 requires manual double sided printing so that one is no good but I can’t see the difference between the other two.
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

You said, "I am after one that can print from my iPhone and iPad with double sided printing feature."

The listed blurb said " Automatic double-sided printing"
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
HiluxMan
Newly registered Member

Post by HiluxMan »

From what i can see in the specifications the ones in the first and third link both do automatic double sided printing but I will go with the more expensive one that you suggested. It’s not overly expensive and should be capable of my needs. Thanks for help guys.

Return to “Computers”