Valve cover Refurbishment

This is where you can post pictures of work that you have done. Tradesmen and DIY pictures are all welcome. Please only post pictures of work that you have done personally. Thanks

Moderator: Moderators

Chippo1

Post by Chippo1 »

All sorted the hub nut was a swine with out a impact wrench like my sons which he uses for truck wheel nuts , breaker bar and 4 ft scaffold tube , jumping up and down and some heat.

New ARB drop links

And Bingo today it passed with no advisories , brakes spot on now after new fluid.

Tax now and drive
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

Those hub nuts can be a b*stard to shift. Heat is the only way in the end, you would think the massive leverage of a 4 foot scaffold pole would break it. I remember trying to shift some pins on my old tractor that were rust welded in. I had tried heat with my blowlamp but it did not get hot enough. Mt friend popped round with his bottle gas torch and the pins virtually jumped out in submission.

DWD
Chippo1

Post by Chippo1 »

DWD yes was close run had wife siting in it foot on brakes as the car was just moving all the time with this Falump bouncing on the scaffold pole. It slowly moved even with a couple of wedges under wheels , managed to get it back to same place. On this car if not tight they are prone to the splines clicking so they are stuffed full o grease as well. My sons snap on rattle gun is rated at something silly like 450ft lbs , last time we undid these they just whizzed off. OEM manual says 240f lbs lol think these are some what more now at 1 falump at 4ft.
Razor

Post by Razor »

I love S2000's they rev like a bike!

Personally I probably would have powder coated it. My electro static magic gun was pretty cheap and works brilliantly.

If you're worried about blasting you could always get future products soda blasted. There's no media left after washing
I think I'll take two chickens...
Chippo1

Post by Chippo1 »

Razor , the inside of the valve cover has mild steel baffles ect which result in several little traps , hence people have had problems getting it clean there after. Been one or two reported cases of engine failure thereafter.

Yes rev limit is 9k with limiter at 9400, it’s bounced of that numerous times
Razor

Post by Razor »

That's why I said soda blasting. The media totally breaks down afterwards and leaves no nasties.

It came out well anyway!
I think I'll take two chickens...

Return to “Show Case Gallery”