Sugru free samples

This site is now well established and in order to give something back to the people that post in the forum I will be running free to enter competitions on a regular basis.

Moderator: Moderators

steviejoiner74

Re: Sugru free samples

Post by steviejoiner74 »

I thought the Royal Mail posties only deliberately opened birthday cards to check if any cash was to be had..... :hiding:
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

steviejoiner74 wrote:I thought the Royal Mail posties only deliberately opened birthday cards to check if any cash was to be had..... :hiding:
I'm sure that type of thing does go on, perhaps some of the envelopes with the instruction cards in were a bit tempting.

The local post men here are brilliant, I can't fault their service at all :thumbright:
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

Dave54 wrote:
ayjay wrote:Mine nearly arrived today: the envelope got here but was empty (apart from a UHM business card) and in a very distressed condition.

It was wrapped in a polythene apology bag from the PO suggesting I complete a claim form if anything is missing or damaged. :cb
Ditto with mine that came in an apology bag this morning. Corner torn right off the envelope, and envelope generally in a sorry state. Contents missing apart from a UHM card.
Mine looks like it's been under a wacker plate!
sugru1.jpg
sugru1.jpg (325.4 KiB) Viewed 10227 times
sugru2.jpg
sugru2.jpg (316.53 KiB) Viewed 10227 times
One day it will all be firewood.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

This is mine. Corner ripped right off, as well as looking as if it's been screwed up.
_DSC1637.jpg
_DSC1637.jpg (209.05 KiB) Viewed 10222 times
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

What the heck is going on here with Royal Mail! I thought my envelope was in a bad state until I saw these. Seems they didn't want the business cards though!
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

Rorschach wrote:What the heck is going on here with Royal Mail! I thought my envelope was in a bad state until I saw these. Seems they didn't want the business cards though!

*Tsk* Consider yourself lucky, I haven't even seen a mangled envelope yet....

Although apparently Darwen postal sorting office has been shut down because their machines have been gummed up by some mysterious substance... :shock: :shock:

http://bit.ly/1xFNWbl
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk
ayjay

Post by ayjay »

ultimatehandyman wrote:I'd definitely consider making a claim if you received the apology bag :wink:
I took a look at the process on-line, there's an awful lot of hoops to jump through with no prospect of anything at the end unless the item was tracked.

List A
The minimum information we need from you for any claim is:

Name and full address of the sender and intended recipient
The amount of postage paid
Where the letter or parcel was posted
Item reference number (All trackable services)
Description of the contents (not required for Inland delay claims)

List B
For compensation, you must also provide:

Original proof of posting e.g Post Office® receipt (certificate of posting), On-Line postage receipt (stamped at Post Office®) or copy of Docket Book
Original proof of value if claiming for the contents, eg. till receipt, bank statement, etc
The damaged item and packaging (for damage claims only and where safe to do so)
In addition to the above, eBay claims must be accompanied by the item sale page and Paypal or bank/credit statement
eBay item number

One day it will all be firewood.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Looks like a right ball ache to make a claim although you won't struggle with the proof of postage- obviously it was posted to you, even a Royal mail claims idiot that can see that it has obviously been posted to you without him/her needing to see a receipt :lol:

It really beggars belief that a modern countries postal service could make such a mess of envelopes!

Wine#o I would not hold your breath, your packet should have arrived by now. It looks like someone has taken a fancy to your envelope. I know for certain that your packet had an instruction card in it, which will make it look like it contains a Birthday Card or gift!

The next time I post out 24 packets of Sugru I'm going in the post office and getting a receipt for every one posted. I wonder if I had done this and the envelopes had a Royal mail printed label on them instead of a stamp if the envelopes would have arrived in the same condition!
cotswold builders
BANNED

Post by cotswold builders »

Was there a member on here that is/was a postman.
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

cotswold builders wrote:Was there a member on here that is/was a postman.
I think so but can't remember who it was :scratch:
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

ultimatehandyman wrote:
Wine#o I know for certain that your packet had an instruction card in it
And I need an instruction card because I'm a Thicky Handyman :scratch: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bet it turns up about thursday.. :thumbleft:

On a separate Royal mail subject, Many years ago I was a pro photographer, one particular client (high end porcelain doll maker) I spent a day shooting his new range for a catalogue.

The slides were sent off for processing (I didn't have a lab capable of processing slides) I was eager to see the results as I had put a lot of time and effort into getting the lighting perfect..

I saw the postman arrive with his little trolley so went out to meet him as I didn't want the slides (2 and a 1/4 square) damaged by being bent through the letterbox...

As I approached I could see him bending down and scooping a package out of a particularly muddy puddle..... :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

No amount of washing them would have made them good enough for print...
Verwood Handyman

If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

steviejoiner74

Post by steviejoiner74 »

My dad is a postman and says it's usually bad at Crimbo time when loads of temps are employed.
A few posties in my area have been prosecuted over the years for thieving from cards and for dumping mail in bins and not delivering it also.
I've got to say Royal Mail are very good where I stay,that includes items I post on eBay getting there toot sweet as well.
Carpentry,I can explain it to you but I cannot understand it for you.
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

In this case you have to wonder if it's not just the machinery not being able to handle envelopes with anything apart from paper in them, and ripping the envelope to bits. The UHM bus card that was in mine has been creased along the length, appears to have some marks which could be from knurled rollers slipping.
When I used to sell stuff on eBay I always used to get a certificate of posting. That seems to work as well as anything. Never had anything go missing that was done that way. Could be they are more careful if there is a record of some sort?
wine~o

Post by wine~o »

ultimatehandyman wrote:
cotswold builders wrote:Was there a member on here that is/was a postman.
I think so but can't remember who it was :scratch:
The man with no aim ???
Verwood Handyman

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

Dave54 wrote:In this case you have to wonder if it's not just the machinery not being able to handle envelopes with anything apart from paper in them, and ripping the envelope to bits. The UHM bus card that was in mine has been creased along the length, appears to have some marks which could be from knurled rollers slipping.
When I used to sell stuff on eBay I always used to get a certificate of posting. That seems to work as well as anything. Never had anything go missing that was done that way. Could be they are more careful if there is a record of some sort?

My UHM card was spotless, surprising considering the state of the envelope.

Return to “UHM Forum competitions”