Free Tacwise metal stapler Z1-140

This site is now well established and in order to give something back to the people that post in the forum I will be running free to enter competitions on a regular basis.

Moderator: Moderators

nick200

Re: Free Tacwise metal stapler Z1-140

Post by nick200 »

I have mine and used it on our log shed. It is built from whatever wood was given to me and mainly is good but got a leak recently so got a cheap tarpaulin and stapled it on. It works really well and now getting more ideas (Christmas lights sounds good!) thanks Chez. :thumbright:
Nick

If someone helps then thank the helper and also check out UHM's Nominated charity - http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

You are all welcome, but I only posted out the items.

Thanks to Tony from http://www.tacwise.com/ who sent me the staple guns :thumbright:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

mines arrived today :thumbright:
nice well made bit off kit 6-8mm staples
wood plastic paper with ease and because you are already pushing to set the lever it goes where you put it without jumping on the recoil
the staples are the same as the staples my ryobi 18v pin and staple gun uses :huray: so no futher collection required

i also found out without reading the instructions if you pull the lever back about 2mm it will close and lock without firing a staple :lol: :lol:
when i slide the staple compartment cover back mines has a 1008 printed on the now exposed surface has anyone else a number printed there and what is it ??
we are all ------------------still learning
nick200

Post by nick200 »

Mine says 1008 as well.

I am glad that you pointed out the pull it back 2mm as I keep firing it to close it :lol:
Nick

If someone helps then thank the helper and also check out UHM's Nominated charity - http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

nick200 wrote:Mine says 1008 as well.

I am glad that you pointed out the pull it back 2mm as I keep firing it to close it :lol:
must be a batch or machine reference number then :lol:

i play with things to understand them and see how they work and if they are well designed
and i though it was a tad loose until i worked out its designed that way so hats off for a good design feature :thumbleft:
i also like the way iff you try and close the handle in the locked position it effortlessly moves to the correct position to lock normally :thumbleft:

i also like the easy to unclip clear plastic window on lower level off the machine so you can write you name or logo on the card to let you know its yours an no one elses's
we are all ------------------still learning
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

Not sure about the label idea - tools these days need something more permanent than a paper label to keep them your own... I'll be doing the usual burn-into-the-plastic-with-a-soldering-iron-identity-job on mine :lol:

It staples very well and I tried it on softwood, plywood, MDF and WR MDF. Each and every staple entered the wood cleanly, level with the surface and with no distortion. It also fires a staple over 5m in free air (and it bounced back off the wall the same distance!) before I read B-A's discovery of how to lock it without firing it! Ooops. :oops:

That's what you get for making the instruction sheet a tiny strip of paper printed in umpteen languages.

Other than a suspicion (totally unwarranted at this time) that the plastic parts - particularly the staple drawer - might suffer breakage the overall feel is one of sturdiness. Even Mrs k_e can operate it so that's got to be another +1 from me.

This one is a 'keeper'. Nice one Tacwise - and thank you to Tony for the generous donation :thumbright:
Don't take it personally......

Return to “UHM Forum competitions”