Hey folks

A very warm welcome to the new members of the ultimatehandyman forum, you can say hello in here and tell everyone what you do and where you are from.

Moderator: Moderators

hiace_drifter

Hey folks

Post by hiace_drifter »

Hi everyone. I just wanted to say hello (having already posted occasionally over the years, then more frequently since I bought a house this year). This forum is so helpful and friendly and is a godsend. I also frequent a couple of hifi forums and they can be very snooty!

On a serious note I know from personal experience that this has been a tough year for everyone, especially men who have never been the best at opening up at the best of times. I had a chap round to quote for a job this week and ended up talking for an hour because he was borderline suicidal. I know this isn't necessarily the right place for self help, but if you're finding things tough, let someone know even if you don't share specifics. Just starting the conversation can be enough to make a difference.
Gadget
Jack Of All Trades

Hey folks

Post by Gadget »

Hello and a belated welcome.. :hello2:
By eck! ©
Mak85
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Hey folks

Post by Mak85 »

hiace_drifter wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:32 am Hi everyone. I just wanted to say hello (having already posted occasionally over the years, then more frequently since I bought a house this year). This forum is so helpful and friendly and is a godsend. I also frequent a couple of hifi forums and they can be very snooty!

On a serious note I know from personal experience that this has been a tough year for everyone, especially men who have never been the best at opening up at the best of times. I had a chap round to quote for a job this week and ended up talking for an hour because he was borderline suicidal. I know this isn't necessarily the right place for self help, but if you're finding things tough, let someone know even if you don't share specifics. Just starting the conversation can be enough to make a difference.
Thankfully I am still employed having seen a few too many people lose there jobs during this pandemic and my daily grind has helped me with being able to talk to like-minded folks, with the extra stress of those who are self-employed and work becoming difficult I couldn’t imagine the hardship they are going through. Glad you could help another fellow during his visit even if it is a sane chat!
hiace_drifter

Hey folks

Post by hiace_drifter »

Mak85 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:37 am
hiace_drifter wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:32 am Hi everyone. I just wanted to say hello (having already posted occasionally over the years, then more frequently since I bought a house this year). This forum is so helpful and friendly and is a godsend. I also frequent a couple of hifi forums and they can be very snooty!

Thankfully I am still employed having seen a few too many people lose there jobs during this pandemic and my daily grind has helped me with being able to talk to like-minded folks, with the extra stress of those who are self-employed and work becoming difficult I couldn’t imagine the hardship they are going through. Glad you could help another fellow during his visit even if it is a sane chat!
It does seem that builders/roofers/landscape gardeners/plumbers/sparkies etc have been kept busy as a lot of people have more money to spend on renovations etc. Doesn't compensate for the furloughed/unemployed folks, but at least some people may have benefited from this.

Return to “WELCOME”