Milwaukee service

Milwaukee power tool reviews in here please

Moderator: Moderators

ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Milwaukee service

Post by ultimatehandyman »

Milwaukee service-

I have been buying Milwaukee power tools for a while now as they seem well made and can be picked up at a reasonable price from many places.
At work I use the Milwaukee 18v Impact wrench and so I thought I’d get a drill driver that will work from the same battery. I bought the Milwaukee C16 DD in February of this year and used it several times at work.

A couple of weeks ago I was drilling some 13mm holes in some mild steel ( I drilled a 6mm pilot hole first). The drill began to smell of burning, which is never a good sign! I took the drill home and tried it again in my garage, when I pressed the trigger it smoked so badly that I had to leave the garage.

I proceeded to get in touch with Milwaukee and explained the fault to them, they wanted me to provide the receipt (which I did not have as I bought the drill on ebay, but I had a Paypal receipt). They instructed me to box up the drill and early the next morning the drill was collected by a courier. A few days later the drill was returned and was like a new drill, the report that came with the package said it had a new motor, switch and housing- all of which was done under warranty :thumbleft:

I was impressed with the service, I thought at one point that they might try to wriggle out of the warranty, but they did not and provided brilliant service. I feel a lot more confident buying their tools now, especially as some of their tools come with 3 year warranties :salute:
kellys_eye

Re: Milwaukee service

Post by kellys_eye »

Never heard of the brand - until now. A contender if I'm in the market for something similar based on your recommendation Chez :thumbright:
Don't take it personally......
ultimatehandyman
Site Admin

Post by ultimatehandyman »

I have quite a few of their tools now but I don't have the time to write any reviews for them just yet.

I keep thinking of replacing my Dewalt XRP tools but that just because I want the new Dewalt XR range, especially with the 4AH battery :thumbleft:
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

who said ryobi are carp :lol: :lol:
http://www.ryobitools.com/
maybe they will bring out 4ah batteries like the one plus from the same stable
we are all ------------------still learning
scot-canuck

Post by scot-canuck »

Wouldn't mind a Milwaukee, however their "little brother" AEG is all that is within my budget at the moment.
Are we sure that B_A DOESN'T get paid by Ryobi?? (If not they should pay him :wink: )
Gone M.I.A.
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

scot-canuck wrote: Are we sure that B_A DOESN'T get paid by Ryobi?? (If not they should pay him :wink: )
if i was offered any freebies i would have to refuse as my comments are honest and unbiased
its for the same reason as a mod i wont enter the prize draw as impartiality is important to me as is being seen to be unbiased :thumbright:
kellys_eye

Post by kellys_eye »

big-all wrote:if i was offered any freebies i would have to refuse as my comments are honest and unbiased
its for the same reason as a mod i wont enter the prize draw as impartiality is important to me as is being seen to be unbiased :thumbright:

You're a MOD???? :shock: :? :shock:

:lol:
Don't take it personally......
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

kellys_eye wrote:

You're a MOD???? :shock: :? :shock:

:lol:
the same reason again i only took the mods job on condition i could keep my name rather than mod"x" so i am fully accountable for my actions

Return to “Milwaukee”