Dewalt 18v Vacuum any good?

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

ahfix

Post by ahfix »

It's fine for quick clean ups, after small jobs etc.

Used it to clean the car, having it cordless is perfect for a quick clean up of crisp mess. Used it in the shed for saw dust, again fine for that. I like being able to do quick clean ups without the bulk of a shop vac.

Was useless on my lidl tracksaw, which tbh has poor dust collection anyway but fine on the dewalt 18v multi tool with sanding attachment.

Was semi-ok on plasterboard dust, i think it struggled because the filter was clogged with saw dust.

I've been using it on both mains and battery, if the socket is out of reach of i dont bother with an extension then run it cordless.

Over all i'm happy with it, it's not perfect but convient.

ah
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

thanks i only ever expect around 60-75% off pure main's performance from battery so am never disappointed
so your report is as expected or better thanks :lol:
we are all ------------------still learning
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

al - did you buy one?

FYI, i tried it plugged in on my Bosch tablesaw hopping it might be good enough for quick cuts. When the vacuum was connected to the saw's rear dust port it was catching everything (as you would expect) being fired out the back but i was getting a lot of dust coming off the blade and out of the guard. The suction wasn't good enough to pull dust down from the blade. I might try it again, this time with a Y connector set-up with a hose off the blade guard and rear port.

TBH, I didn't expect it to handle the tablesaw but wanted to try it out.

ah
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

There's a Henry hoover on special for £99 on Amazon. In case anyone's interested reading this thread.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Henry-HVR-160- ... B078KKHT2Q
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Post by big-all »

ahfix wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:48 am al - did you buy one?

FYI, i tried it plugged in on my Bosch tablesaw hopping it might be good enough for quick cuts. When the vacuum was connected to the saw's rear dust port it was catching everything (as you would expect) being fired out the back but i was getting a lot of dust coming off the blade and out of the guard. The suction wasn't good enough to pull dust down from the blade. I might try it again, this time with a Y connector set-up with a hose off the blade guard and rear port.

TBH, I didn't expect it to handle the tablesaw but wanted to try it out.

ah
sorry missed the question
yes i did get one
you wont get a small to medium hoover off any sort to take all the high speed ejections from a saw router or planer you need a really high volume off extraction probably 2 or 3 times the volume the 584 can give
we are all ------------------still learning

Return to “Tool Talk”