All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

DansterHamps
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Makita Hole saw and Milwaukee Arbor compatibility

Post by DansterHamps »

I was hoping whether someone could confirm whether these separate items are compatible with each other. Try as I might I can't seem to glean any detailed specs that would help me in my endeavours.
  • Milwaukee Hole Dozer Bi-Metal Holesaw Arbor Hex 32 - 175mm
  • Makita D-35499 Hole Saw 59Mm Bim, Multi-Colour
The Milwaukee hex arbor needs to have a shank that's no more than 10mm (because that's the maximum shank my drill accepts), and the Makita holesaw should fit correctly with the aforementioned Milwaukee holesaw arbor. That's the long and short of it. I've tried to post links to the respective products on Toolstation and Amazon, but the forum isn't having any of it :salute:. Thanks in advance to any replies.

Plus, if anyone's wondering, I'm trying to drill a few holes into my desk to allow a couple of 60mm desk grommets to be fitted correctly, which will allow wires and whatnot to be neatly tucked away rather than trailing off the sides of the desk. The reason I'm going for the 60mm grommet (and therefore the 59mm holesaw) is because the general diameter of a plug for a power cord is north of 53mm, and unfortunately the plugs can't be unscrewed and the wires passed through a smaller hole, etc.
Rorschach

Makita Hole saw and Milwaukee Arbor compatibility

Post by Rorschach »

You could cut the plugs and wire on new ones ;)

Return to “Tool Talk”