Hikoki nail guns

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Ferny1
Newly registered Member

Hikoki nail guns

Post by Ferny1 »

I have been using paslode 1st and 2nd fix nail guns for several years now and for a time well impressed. But these past couple of years I think paslode are becoming poor in quality , when they work they are great but that's the problem they're not always working well. So I've been looking around for alternatives and the Hikoki are looking good just wondering if anyone can give me some reviews please.
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Hikoki nail guns

Post by Job and Knock »

Know what you mean about quality - had loads of issues with the IM350 on multiple jobs (overheating, seizing, circuit board failures, etc)

The following two videos are by Brits and may be of interest. First one shows the Hikoki in use against the deWalt DCN692

This last one is by an American GC (general contractor), Rob Robillard, who runs a construction company and gets his guys to test stuff

"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
Ferny1
Newly registered Member

Hikoki nail guns

Post by Ferny1 »

I think its hikoki for me next
oz0707

Hikoki nail guns

Post by oz0707 »

I've got the old gas hitachi. Has lasted me years. Just this week i've had to buy a new screw/bolt for it as one dropped out. Not quite like triggers broom but don't mind buying the odd spare for a tool which has lasted me so long. I am planning to swap to dewalt in future but not while this keeps going.
Argyll

Hikoki nail guns

Post by Argyll »

Scott brown's a fella over in New Zealand. He has a YouTube channel and he reckons the Hikoki drives in nails better than the DeWalt. A joiner friend I know reckons Hikoki aren't as robust as the DeWalt.

Return to “Tool Talk”