Workshop Vac

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Argyll

Re: Workshop Vac

Post by Argyll »

America but can be purchased from Amazon.

Argyll

Post by Argyll »

fin wrote:i found a henry in a skip a year ago. plugged him in and he was broke. stripped his motor apart and checked for continuity on the power lead first. (id obv checked the fuse first) one of either the live or the neutral obv i suppose was broken. it turned out to be at the plug end. so i just cut it off and hoyed my own on and hes grafting like a goodun. pretty sure he is about 20 years old aswell.
I love things like this. I'm a typical skip rat. The stuff people chuck out that's easily fixed is unbelievable. I lifted a dehumidifier from our work skip a few days ago. I asked the caretaker what was wrong with it, he replied "it has a broken castor" :shock: The same with an industrial shredder :shock:

Two quick fixes for me in the summer :thumbright:
Dave54

Post by Dave54 »

I've had two wet and dry vacuums left at various houses I've bought now. Still using the one.
One had a missing castor, the other had a wire off internally IIRC.
Croker

Post by Croker »

My faithful friend Henry died on site yesterday, must have reached the grand old age of 15 and had plenty of abuse along the way...

Now looking for a new vacuum and find myself taken with the idea of a cordless Henry... bit worried about power loss vs. my old corded version but think the added convenience and portability could make up for this.

Does anyone have any experience of these?
Croker

Post by Croker »

I take it from the deafening silence that no one has any experience of a cordless Henry :lol:

Well I've just taken the plunge and ordered one so will let you all know how I get on when it arrives...
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

I bought a cordless Parkside this morning from Lidl. I vacuumed my van and it seems ok. With a 3yr warranty I'll return it if it's not up to the job.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I had a look at the box this morning, much heavier and sturdy feeling than I expected.
Croker

Post by Croker »

Just had a look at the Parkside on Lidl's website, it looks really good value... beginning to regret ordering the Henry now as I could have got a Parkside and a spare 4.0Ah battery for about £90 which is about half what I've just paid! Story of my life :cussing:
Argyll

Post by Argyll »

Croker wrote:Just had a look at the Parkside on Lidl's website, it looks really good value... beginning to regret ordering the Henry now as I could have got a Parkside and a spare 4.0Ah battery for about £90 which is about half what I've just paid! Story of my life :cussing:
Send it back.
Croker

Post by Croker »

Fair point Argyll, I did consider this but having purchased it from ebay I reckon I'll be looking at a courier to send it back and having to stand the cost for this, plus the added hassle of waiting in for the courier to arrive (or not!)… my balls are aching at the very thought of all this so I'll probably just chalk it up to a life lesson and hope the Henry is really good ::b
Croker

Post by Croker »

Well... turns out the Henry might have to go back anyway.

Collected it this morning (click & collect), opened it up and there's only one battery. Specifically purchased the two battery model so I can always have one battery on charge. Double and triple checked the ebay description; yup definitely supplied with two batteries!

I've emailed the seller so we'll see what they come back with. The cheapest genuine individual batteries I can find are £70 each so I wonder if the vendor will want to stump up the cost or just take the whole lot back...

Return to “Tool Talk”