Best tool belt/pouch

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

oz0707

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by oz0707 »

Pouch dropped off my tool belt this morning. Crap dewalt like canvas material. What's the best pouches to get to add on to my existing belt? Readily available
etaf

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by etaf »

i love the toughbuilt system even as a DIYer, clips that mean i can put different pouches on and i have 3 at the moment.
Great for working indoors on various items and when out in the garden/garage
BUT you mention Pouches onto belt, so i guess your not looking to change the belt/system
https://toughbuilt.com/cliptech
Simple DIYer
Wayne
oz0707

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by oz0707 »

Yeh I've seen that system. I don't know what to do buy a kunys leather pouch for 30 or 40 quid to replace or buy a full new system like occidental
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by Job and Knock »

I've worked with a framer last year who had the Occidental. A thing of beauty and very durable (his was over 10 years old he said) - but probably a tad too durable for me at my age!
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
oz0707

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by oz0707 »

They do a few different models too so I wouldn't know which to get. Over 300 quid!
wes56

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by wes56 »

This is how i set up my tool bags fwiw.

Buy a 2" leather belt with a double pronged steel pin buckle, and then thread the belt through various bags and tool holders.
Buy bags and tool holders to suit as required, and add them or remove them from the belt as needed.
Nowadays there are power tool hook holders, and cordless holsters that are worth their weight in gold over a working day.
Dont buy clip-ons because they can come off when working in awkward positions, eg on roofs.
Dont buy belts with plastic snap-in type belt buckles because they too can easily come loose.
Definitely dont buy fixed to the belt bags - even though they are cheap they are not worth it.
These users thanked the author wes56 for the post:
Job and Knock (Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:00 pm)
Rating: 7.14%
Argyll

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by Argyll »

I have the toughbuilt system but find it far too cumbersome. I'm looking for a new system as well. I think I'll take Wes advice.
oz0707

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by oz0707 »

Well I'm in agreement with you two. Did a temp fix on my dewalt pouch but have ordered the kunys 10 pocket pouch for the other side this weekend. May ditch my existing hammer loop as this comes with one but could be a bit low. Also I use the dewalt belt but with an actual makita double pronged leather belt. The tap holder is makita too. I know it sounds like triggers broom
wes56

Best tool belt/pouch

Post by wes56 »

Hammer Loop's with a swivel are the best kind - no chance of the hammer falling out.

Return to “Tool Talk”