Laser measures

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

oz0707

Laser measures

Post by oz0707 »

Whats the best for trade internally measuring?
I'm not on price work but I think it's finally time i started measuring my skirtings with a laser measure. Obviously will be used for more than just that but got to save me some time on those. The one my local place stock is Leica D110. Seems to have the best accuracy I think it's 1.5mm overall not +/- 1.5mm

Cheers
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Laser measures

Post by Job and Knock »

Leica Disto D310 in my case, but that model has been superseded
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
oz0707

Laser measures

Post by oz0707 »

What did you pay for that?
Any particular features that are better than the one I mentioned? https://www.leicadisto.co.uk/shop/leica-disto-d110/
Chippo1

Laser measures

Post by Chippo1 »

I have a Leica , mainly used previously for surveying lift shafts anything up to 24 floors , as long as you can see the dot in the pit or on the slab , even doing it half way didn’t always work , but I know this is an odd location to measure in and all the makes have the same problem.

Very accurate and still using it for stuff
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Laser measures

Post by Job and Knock »

Paid around £170 for mine about 6 years back. TBH I don't use a lot of the extra functions that much. Main useful feature (other than measuring) is the trig function (useful for measuring height if I can't get a vertical measure any other way). It has also proven very handy for calculating rough take off quantities when on my own for skirting, floor boards, sheet flooring and the like as well as for internal neasurements which would otherwise be a 2 man job (e.g. sistering joists). One thing I'd like on my next laser rangefinder is a bluetooth connection to my phone to allow me to save measures there.
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933

Return to “Tool Talk”