All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Deanopolini
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Deanopolini »

Wondering if anyone can help i got a paslode im 250 ii that wasnt firing so i stripped down cleaned put in new orings checked over reasembled and still the same green light flashes no red ones batteries good sparks seems good when heads off it doesnt fire except say once every 20 presses it will and that seems to not fire the nail only firing pin has no jams ect has the yellow gas stem all been cleaned out any ideas im starting to think maybe its gettin no spark when heada on is this possible
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Job and Knock »

Maybe a daft question, but do you have sufficient nails in it.? More to the point, does it spark consistently with the head off?
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
Deanopolini
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Deanopolini »

Yea and yes mate
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Job and Knock »

Next thing I'd start looking at would be the safety lock out on the nose to see if it is fully engaging when the nose is depressed on the workpiece. When opened up (top off) does the fan come on if there are pins in the gun and the nose is depressed? There should be a microswitch somewhere near the top.of the gas cannister housing which activates the fan when the nose is depressed. These days I'm more familiar woth the Senco/Rawl type of gun and on those the microswitch can get broken and cause the gun to die

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
fin

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by fin »

i had a strange one on my im65. i put it in for repair as it was doing my head in.

basically the gun would fire a nail. then totally die and if i removed and reatached the battery it would fire a nail and then again die
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Job and Knock »

That sounds like it could be a capacitor fault, Fin

ayjay

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by ayjay »

fin wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:19 am i had a strange one on my im65. i put it in for repair as it was doing my head in.

basically the gun would fire a nail. then totally die and if i removed and reatached the battery it would fire a nail and then again die
My im65 does that: it's always been a poor battery connection. I used to shove a screwdriver down into the battery housing and ease the tabs out a bit, (and clean them up a bit as well).
One day it will all be firewood.
fin

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by fin »

at the time i didnt have spare time so i gave it to the repair shop. its done now i just need to collect it. ill find out what it was then.

have you lads seen the newer style gasles nailers? like hikoki and milwaukee do them. they look decent like
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Paslode im250 not firing

Post by Job and Knock »

Been using s Hikoki NR1890 since March. Impressed so far. Went the whole hog and got the 15ga, 16ga and 18ga pinners as well. What did you want to know (new thread?)

Return to “Tool Talk”