Compressors are they worth it?

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

It's called covering their bum. The problem is as I said, often people will use an extension lead which itself has cable that is too thin for task in hand. So it is easier to say use a longer hose. I understand that to most folk all extension leads are the same, but they are not.

Put it this way, if what I said is not true, how does a compressor (yours, mine, Tom, d*ck or Dave's) work and not burn out, it still runs on electricity that comes down a cable. The answer is it's the diameter of that cable.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Job and Knock
Old School Chippie

Post by Job and Knock »

Someone-Else wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 am Can't comment on quality, but there are two sizes of "connector fittings" (small and big)
In point of fact there are a lot more than two styles - with types like Scrader, CEJN, etc there are several dozens. The second of those two examples is the venerable PCL "classic" which appeared before WWII. A bit old hat these days because if restricted airflow and a tendency to blow off (self disconnect) when they get old and worn. I'd avoid them. The first is the PCL XF type, more commonly known as the Euro quick connector. Pretty much every msnufacturer has a version of this e.g. CEJN 320. These are a far better design with better air flow (because of a bigger bore) and a much reduced tendency to self-disconnect
"The person who never made a mistake, never made anything" - Albert Einstein

"I too will something make, And joy in the making" - Robert Bridges, 1844~1930

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell from The Triumph of Stupidity", 1933
ahfix

Post by ahfix »

I finally got a set of connectors and set up my nail gun. I had the hose connected to the left hand side, when I turn the knob in the centre the pressure valve on the left goes up - OK.

However the pressure valve on the right keeps creeping up and gets up to the red line at which point I panic and turn the compressor off. What's going on here?

ah
20201024_171955.png
20201024_171955.png (260.9 KiB) Viewed 1209 times
These users thanked the author ahfix for the post:
Argyll (Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:56 am)
Rating: 7.14%
Someone-Else

Post by Someone-Else »

Only a guess, but the left meter is the "line pressure" (The pressure that is going down the air line) and the other meter is the tank pressure. It will (should) stop as soon as it gets to its set pressure.
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)

Return to “Tool Talk”