Best drill?

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

etaf

Best drill?

Post by etaf »

The cordless circular saw is great. Especially with a Freud 40T blade, very fine cut, cut some shelf brackets an shelf brilliant finish, compared to when i cut MDF using a 24T dewalt blade making a window seat
I did succumb to an angle grinder DCG405FN BUT not so sure , i had my 3ah battery in and when replacing an old fence post bolted to wall - Cutting the bolts 10mm after 8 bolts batt flat, also my son-in-law has DCG412N and he needed to flatten some high points on recent concrete garage floor for screeding - with 5Ah batt lasted 10mins
so maybe worth thinking about more on use - I plan to sharpen an old lawn mower blade so will see how long the batt lasts doing that

I bought my daughter a pink tool set when she moved out :)
Simple DIYer
Wayne
telmadee

Best drill?

Post by telmadee »

etaf wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 7:10 pm The cordless circular saw is great. Especially with a Freud 40T blade, very fine cut, cut some shelf brackets an shelf brilliant finish, compared to when i cut MDF using a 24T dewalt blade making a window seat
I did succumb to an angle grinder DCG405FN BUT not so sure , i had my 3ah battery in and when replacing an old fence post bolted to wall - Cutting the bolts 10mm after 8 bolts batt flat, also my son-in-law has DCG412N and he needed to flatten some high points on recent concrete garage floor for screeding - with 5Ah batt lasted 10mins
so maybe worth thinking about more on use - I plan to sharpen an old lawn mower blade so will see how long the batt lasts doing that

I bought my daughter a pink tool set when she moved out :)
You are going to be a bad influence I can tell, I'm gonna have a tool shed to boast about before long Haha....you use an angle grinder to sharpen lawnmower blades, or am I just tired (got up at 04.50am) I never even thought of using an angle grinder to do that, we live and learn :thumbleft: ...haha it must be a dad thing getting the pink tools....I'm not at all girly so why he bought pink is beyond me, but they are still in use so to speak :cheers:
Cannyfixit

Best drill?

Post by Cannyfixit »

IM a home dryer and can recommend the Erbauer,I started with the brand 2 years ago when I Bought a impact driver,I now have the Jigsaw and orbital sander good value for money as I bought the drill with 2 4a batteries then I bought the jigsaw and stocked up with 2 more batteries then bought the sander as a bare unit
These users thanked the author Cannyfixit for the post:
telmadee (Fri May 08, 2020 7:26 am)
Rating: 7.14%
If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/#/ple ... 4529684719
telmadee

Best drill?

Post by telmadee »

Cannyfixit wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 7:05 am IM a home dryer and can recommend the Erbauer,I started with the brand 2 years ago when I Bought a impact driver,I now have the Jigsaw and orbital sander good value for money as I bought the drill with 2 4a batteries then I bought the jigsaw and stocked up with 2 more batteries then bought the sander as a bare unit
Thank you for that 🙂

Return to “Tool Talk”