VonHaus Paddle mixer 1600W

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

Chop

Post by Chop »

Hello all, it's been a long tome since I've posted on here but I do check in when I get stuck, I trust everyone is keeping safe and well.

We have a bit of a job coming up which means carrying out some section repairs to a resin bound "stone carpet" floor. The repair kits come in ~22KG pre measured tubs with a two part resin that is mixed in the tub.

The drill we have isn't powerful enough to mix the aggregate so we are looking at either hiring (£65 a throw) or buying one of these (also £65 a throw) https://www.vonhaus.com/vh_en/1600w-paddle-mixer

The pack are big enough to cover 1sqm and we have about three sqm to repair in patched and likely to have to do further ad-hoc patch repairs down the line. So the mixer certainly isn't going to get much stick on a regular basis.

Cheers all, be good and stay safe :)
:thumbleft:

The Barman says, "I'm sorry, we don't serve time travellers". This time traveller walks into a bar.
dewaltdisney

Post by dewaltdisney »

Hi Chop, crikey you have not been in for years, welcome back. The tool you show looks as though it will do a turn. The handles are the most important thing as I used an SDS paddle in my drill mixing up plaster and it was hard to hold the drill against the reverse torque getting it going I recall.

Better to buy, use and chuck as the hire stuff is invariably knackered.

Good luck :thumbright:

DWD
These users thanked the author dewaltdisney for the post:
Chop (Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:50 am)
Rating: 7.14%

Return to “Tool Talk”