Need another drill

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

caravan72

Need another drill

Post by caravan72 »

Hi folks, my shed was robbed the other week lost some kit, could have been worse as I interrupted them!
Covid blues is doing my wife's head in and mine, need to get some tasks done to keep some balance and move my lazy ass!
I;m looking at replacing my battery drill, it was a 14.4 V but might be better to up it to something around 18v, possibly with hammer action, I will not be using it a lot, only DIY. last one was a Makita but doesn't have to be a known name. Budget......£60 - £100 recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
dewaltdisney

Need another drill

Post by dewaltdisney »

I bought this www.screwfix.com/p/erbauer-ecd18-li-2-1 ... rill/265fv when my Dewalt died. I was in the middle of a job and bought this drill as at the time it was £65 on offer. I have had it a few years now and it has given excellent service. It recharges quickly, and the battery seems to last ages in use. I think for £100 it is a good buy as I think it measures up to A line brands very well and the one battery Erbauer system means you can add bare tools at a reasonable price.

DWD
robgul
Newly registered Member
Has thanked: 0

Need another drill

Post by robgul »

I too have the Erbauer and it's excellent - but needing a second battery drill (to avoid constant changes from drill to Pozi bit) I bought a cheapo Aldi Ferrex drill for about £40. Better than good after a lot of use. It's in the online store at Aldi.

Rob
big-all
Pro Carpenter

Need another drill

Post by big-all »

its worth remembering with li-ion batts you can short charge and as frequently as you like you dont need to do the full cycle
as in
battery flat put on charge for 10 mins whilst you have a cup off tea[25% charged]
10 mins later after constant screw insertion another 10 mins charge[25%-15%+22%=32%]
the way a battery charges is perhaps 60% in 30% off charge time and 80%in 40% time now not the exact figures but you get the idea
we are all ------------------still learning
Someone-Else

Need another drill

Post by Someone-Else »

I have the dewalt, £99 inc two batteries Click here

d1.jpg
d1.jpg (79.23 KiB) Viewed 2021 times
(mine is 3 years old, still going strong)
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
Cannyfixit

Need another drill

Post by Cannyfixit »

I bought the Erbauer impact drill from the EXT range a year ago and it’s a great drill for the price ,I have since bought The jigsaw to replace my ageing Makita 110v jigsaw
If you feel you have benefited from the Free advice given on the Forum, Please consider making a donation to UHM's Nominated charity, read all about it and donate here :

http://www.donnasdreamhouse.co.uk/#/ple ... 4529684719
caravan72

Need another drill

Post by caravan72 »

Hi folks, thanks for the advice re-drill, I going for the DeWalt.
London mike 61

Need another drill

Post by London mike 61 »

Have a look on the lidl site, they have a 12v bare unit drill on offer for next week at £14.99 and a 4ah battery also at 14.99 and the double charger is £12.99 .
As a back up drill it’s cheap as chips for small jobs.
There is also a variety of other 12v kit that may be useful if you get a few extra batteries.

Just a thought

Mike
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
Rorschach

Need another drill

Post by Rorschach »

I have the older version of that drill Mike and it's superb. The original battery (at least 5 years old) is going strong and last year I picked up on the of 4Ah ones on 30% discount. The battery is identical aside from one little plastic tab they put on there (marketing ploy maybe?), I cut it off and it works a treat.
These users thanked the author Rorschach for the post:
London mike 61 (Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:15 am)
Rating: 7.14%

Return to “Tool Talk”