Pacini welder generator

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

giggles

Pacini welder generator

Post by giggles »

Hey folks 🙏

My generator won't start 😤🤔

Fuel lines are flowing. I took of air filter and it was filthy and there old oil/fuel in the inlet from air filter housing towards engine 🙈

The realization that the generator was not in a well ventilated spot 🙄

Would really appreciate if anyone could advise me on how to alive this 🤔 could be the engine is all clogged up 😭
dewaltdisney

Pacini welder generator

Post by dewaltdisney »

I take it this is a 4 stroke engine similar to a lawnmower engine? Basics first make sure you have a spark and clean and set the gap on the spark plug. If the fuel is getting up to the carburettor it is possible that the carb jets have got blocked. You can mess around following Youtube videos guiding you though the cleaning process but I bought a new carb for my hedge trimmer for £8 off Ebay, and that did the trick for me.

Good luck sorting it :thumbright:

DWD
dewaltdisney

Pacini welder generator

Post by dewaltdisney »

That advice might be crap as I think the Pacini generators are diesel? If so, then I think you need an expert to help on that.

DWD
giggles

Pacini welder generator

Post by giggles »

Thanks DeWalt Disney. Yup it's a diesel 😔 the expert may have to be called
giggles

Pacini welder generator

Post by giggles »

I got the valve cover off and it has some fuel in it 🤔 should it be dry?

Please forgive my ignorance 🙏
dewaltdisney

Pacini welder generator

Post by dewaltdisney »

A diesel engine works on compression. To get started the motor might have some glow plugs to get it going from cold, these might not be working?. The principal is that there is a smart pump that squirts a precise amount of fuel through injectors into each cylinder at the appropriate time where the air and fuel mixture is compressed and fires. Fuel starvation is common as the fuel filter sometimes gets blocked. I had an old tractor and diesel engines are all much the same basically and I suffered with the diesel bug which is an organism that lives in the water fuel divide in the tank that accumulates through condensation. Amazing how anything could survive in such a harsh environment but it presents as a black sludge that get sucked through and blocks the filter. Have a look in your tank with a dipstick and check the fuel filter.

DWD

Return to “Tool Talk”