Hyundai petrol chipper

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

dewaltdisney

Hyundai petrol chipper

Post by dewaltdisney »

I have a load of cutting back of my laurels and pruning that develops mountains of branches and green waste. I also help my neighbour with his conifer hedge to keep that from getting out of hand and that creates bulky green waste. I had thought about a petrol chipper for some time but as it was a lot of money (£550) I procrastinated. To hire a chipper costs £60 for the first day and as always you know it will be buggered and blunt and the day you booked it for will be raining. In the end I decided to go for a Hyundai https://hyundaipowerequipment.co.uk/gar ... -shredder/ as it is a known make with a three year warranty. Excellent service my order arrived the next day in a lovely wooden crate. I spent more time opening it than assembling the kit but I soon worked out how to lift the hammered over tabs. I quite enjoyed putting it together and getting it set up. It started first pull.

This week was the first time it has been put into action and what a great tool it is. We had this great intimidating heap of branches and quite frankly we wondered how we would cope. We need not have worried as 40 minutes later we had three bags of chippings and it was gone. We did the same again a day or so after and that was a bigger pile but undaunted now it was soon reduced to a few bags. In fairness I only put the inch or so thick branches through and I cut the thicker stuff into logs for a neighbours wood burner.

So far I am very pleased that I bit the bullet and bought one. A few points I would make are is that it works well with green wood. It is not a general garden shredder it works best on branches and too much foliage needs a helpful shove through with a stick. Most branches self tractor through. Although it will take up to 50mm branches it has to work hard and I decided to log those limbs.

DWD
Someone-Else

Hyundai petrol chipper

Post by Someone-Else »

Picture of yours set up?
Above are my opinions Below is my signature.

Would you hit a nail with a shoe because you don't have a hammer? of course not, then why work on anything electrical without a means of testing Click Here to buy a "tester" just because it works, does NOT mean it is safe.

:mrgreen: If gloom had a voice, it would be me.

:idea1: Click Here for a video how to add/change pictures

Inept people use the QUOTE BUTTON instead of the QUICK REPLY section :-)
dewaltdisney

Hyundai petrol chipper

Post by dewaltdisney »

It is identical to the picture in the link :thumbright:

DWD
Dave54

Hyundai petrol chipper

Post by Dave54 »

Sounds like a good tool. :thumbright:

I'll bet you're feeling pretty chipper about it. . . :hiding:
dewaltdisney

Hyundai petrol chipper

Post by dewaltdisney »

:lol: Yes Dave, as always it is having the right tool for the job makes life easy. That is why we always have a load of tools and why we are always wanting another :lol:

DWD

Return to “Tool Talk”