SDS weights?

All tool questions and recommendations or complaints in this forum please

Moderator: Moderators

dewaltdisney

SDS weights?

Post by dewaltdisney »

My trusty SDS drill gave out yesterday after 12 years of service. As I recall it was only £37 at Screwfix and it was a guarantee replacement as I had burned out the first one, not surprising the work I did with it in under a year at the time.

I am buying a £50 replacement Titan 5.9kg but I was wondering what gains there are getting the more expensive 6.3 kg which is about £30 more? Now I have reasoned that this is the weight of the unit and as both motors are 1500w I wondered what the difference is. As I am a bit of a Larry Limpwrist now I am older I am thinking of weight hefting it about.

Any ideas what the difference is?

Thanks

DWD
dewaltdisney

SDS weights?

Post by dewaltdisney »

I got my drill today, it is excellent value for £50 and a 2 year guarantee as well. Apart from the bits, point and chisel kit there is a conventional drill bit that has an SDS shaft so you can use conventional drill bits as well. It is heavier than my old one.

DWD
OchAye

SDS weights?

Post by OchAye »

Do you want to drill things or to demolish things? It sounds like hammering nails in joinery with a sledge hammer :mrgreen:
dewaltdisney

SDS weights?

Post by dewaltdisney »

I used the old one for chisel action in the main. But it does drill bigger holes in masonry very well. My main up and coming use is to strip the tiles in my bathroom and they are tile on tile. I have a wide chisel blade already. It is one of my indispensable tools for use on breaking, chasing out and demolition. But I do use my cordless hammer drill driver where appropriate. :thumbright:

DWD

Return to “Tool Talk”