How to fill hole in tile after removing wall plug?

Tiling questions and answers in here please

Moderator: Moderators

mameha

Post by mameha »

Hi I have changed my shower cubicle and need to cover over the old 6mm wall plug holes in the tiles on the wall. They are white bumpy tiles.

What is the best way to fill these holes?

I was thinking to just fill with silicone but I guess that will only be good for a few years and may discolor.

Is there a specific product I can buy for this scenario?
OchAye

Post by OchAye »

If you have spare tiles, one approach would be to cut plugs using the correct size of one of these gadgets Example. I think I had got a bag of mixed sizes from ebay when I was in a similar situation. Sticking them in place it is not fan but you can only try.

A more elegant solution would be if you can get a strip of metal (assuming the frame of the shower is metal looking) and add it next to your current cubicle (full height) to make it look like an intentional part.

Wait for some better ideas.
mameha

Post by mameha »

My latest idea is milliput epoxy in white colour which some people online recommended.
Rorschach

Post by Rorschach »

I used a combo of a blob of silicone and one of those caps you get for covering screws on chipboard furniture. Neat and tidy, doesn't discolour like silicone or grout and if needed I can replace it within a minute and I have a box full of them.
Grendel

Post by Grendel »

Is the tile now behind the new shower screen? changing the tile is the best way as anything else is going to be a bugger to hide . Use the hole to put up a soap dish perhaps at least at anything approaching eye height.
mameha

Post by mameha »

I found some ready made tile grout from the poundshop in my garage, i tried that on one of the holes and it was perfect. I just need to put nail varnish on it to finish but it looks good as is. The rest I will do with superwhite milipput when it arrives, as I think that will be stronger and more long lasting.

Return to “Tiling Forum”